Your views on how the Tories have handled Coronavirus.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well take Ireland for example really good one as they are essentially on the same timeline as we are, they have a similar number of ITU beds per 100000 people as we do, they locked down two weeks before we did. Deaths per 100000 people is 6.5, ours is 14.8.
London had already become overwhelmed by the time we enforced lockdown and were placing covid +ve and -ve patients in the same areas as they didnt have anywhere else to put them. I cant give you the exact date New Zealand locked down but it was essentially as soon as they had cases, so far 4 deaths that I am aware of, it may be more now as that data is about 5 days old

I have posted the figures above we didnt lock down as fast as China and France but were not far behind Spain and were in front of Italy - Your views on how the Tories have handled Coronavirus.

So you think they would rather deal with excessive deaths than a potential backlash from idiots not willing to sit at home to save their own lives?

I haven't a clue can you tell me the reason we are the only country listed above allowing unlimited (un-policed) exercise?

I have posted the figures above we didnt lock down as fast as China and France but were not far behind Spain and were in front of Italy - Your views on how the Tories have handled Coronavirus.
Yep and look at how all those countries are faring, thousands of deaths compared to the countries with fast lockdown. As I said we are an island so had a distinct advantage in our ability to reduce traffic into our country but the government chose to stay open and put lives in danger. Comments like we just have to take it on the chin and we all have to expect that many of us will lose relatives from th PM showed an already defeatist attitude, basically lots of people are gonna die just deal with it.

I haven't a clue can you tell me the reason we are the only country listed above allowing unlimited (un-policed) exercise?
Because we dont have anyone in power with the actual stones to just enforce it

Because we dont have anyone in power with the actual stones to just enforce it

On the flip side - I think they know if they brought in total lock down more would ignore it and we haven't got the police to enforce it.

On the flip side - I think they know if they brought in total lock down more would ignore it and we haven't got the police to enforce it.
I'm not going to disagree with you on the fact we dont have enough police, though the tory government did state that cutting 20000 police officers would not result in crime increase (it did) and would suggest they were confident we had enough police to enforce events such as riots etc.

This is @Dutto 's thread. Was getting worried by his absence, but just heard he's ok and not virussed. Picked on some chavs, killed a few, put the others in hospital, but one of them bit his ankle and he had to go in for rabies tests, I understand. Will these youngsters never learn? (Dutto, I mean, not the chavs; they're unlearnable, innit!)

You’re living in the wrong country if you want the government to make all your decisions for you, run everything, even volunteer groups and tell you when and where you can go and do stuff.

Of course I dont want the government to make my decisions for me but were living through unprecedented times. Giving a helping hand to things such as this would be an easy win for the G'ment

I may be wrong but didn't think scrubs were in short supply i thought it was masks, visors, full size gowns/aprons that were in short supply.
Scrubs are in short supply as well, I'm not the smallest guy in the world but last week the only option I had for a while were the 4xxxxl size, my shoulders fit through the neck hole without touching either side!

Of course I dont want the government to make my decisions for me but were living through unprecedented times. Giving a helping hand to things such as this would be an easy win for the G'ment
Sorry I have to disagree with you and your reason. I want the government, Hancock in particular, squeezing the proverbials of the NHS procurement CEO, whose name nobody hears or knows, to ensure he/she and their team are expediting outstanding orders for every kind of medical device needed to deal with this pandemic. Volunteer groups do a great job shoring up and helping with the whole effort and should take credit for their efforts and not be used for cheap political gestures.

Sorry I have to disagree with you and your reason. I want the government, Hancock in particular, squeezing the proverbials of the NHS procurement CEO, whose name nobody hears or knows, to ensure he/she and their team are expediting outstanding orders for every kind of medical device needed to deal with this pandemic. Volunteer groups do a great job shoring up and helping with the whole effort and should take credit for their efforts and not be used for cheap political gestures.

tbf I cant disagree with you there. Someone needs to be squeezing someones proverbials to the get the PPE to the front line

Have you any evidence of how quickly these countries locked down once they had cases its easy to say we were slower but i honestly couldn't tell you how much faster they were..
Why does everyone else have to provide evidence? @Chippy_Tea, you get to express whatever
This is @Dutto 's thread. Was getting worried by his absence, but just heard he's ok and not virussed. Picked on some chavs, killed a few, put the others in hospital, but one of them bit his ankle and he had to go in for rabies tests, I understand. Will these youngsters never learn? (Dutto, I mean, not the chavs; they're unlearnable, innit!)
I hope @Dutto is ok, he's had enough to deal with lately without Chavs biting his ankles.

Tell you what! I’ve just caught up with the daily covid update on BBC. Talk about the governments performance during this pandemic I have to say the performance of our media and their so called journalists is woeful. So many stupid questions being asked in full knowledge that the government are not going to give an answer at this time as it’s too early.

Why is no one moaning about us being the only country that didn't have a total lock down like other countries we are the only one of those listed above who allow people to exercise with little restriction.
I did say weeks ago we should have learned from the Italian numbers ( I may have called Boris a few names) but the horse has now bolted.
Exercise should definitely have been limited but it’s all too little too late now.
We were forced into lockdown but watch now as the numbers drop the clamour for loosening the restrictions, this country will stop at nothing to get “back on track”
Some people would rather risk their lives (and thousands of others ) rather than have an extra week off work or being denied their right to do whatever they please.

Latest posts

Back