yum, yum, in my tum....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motomaniac

Reaction score
well, ive just provisionally tried my first kit, a coopers aussie lager, its been under the stairs for 2 weeks since bottling it, i didnt have quite enough bottles, so 2 litres went into a plastic water bottle i had handy..... so obviously on the way to the fridge with the first 10 pints i had to have a sample, have to say, its not a bad drink at all..... between 3.5& and 4 % , its got a bit of a twang to it, which i believe will dissapear with time, going to leave the other 30 pints under the stairs until i put up my spare shelf in my garage, itll then be transfered to there and eventually the fridge......

on a side note, my john bull english ale is still bubbling nicely, although has slowed to one BIG gurgle through the airlock every 15-20 seconds after 5 days in the fv...

and my toffee apple tc is still bubbling once every second or two,mafter 2 weeks in the dj.... it tastes absolutely stunning too,( tasted a bit
from the bottom of the airlock when cleaning )

just got a new dj today too, and the mead will be going on tomorrow...lol...

sorry had to add this.. theres a very slight gathering of yeast on the bottom of the bottles, so thin you can see through it, how can i not get this next time??... use a filter to "polish" it??... or just be more careful??....

If I understand you correctly, the yeast you are seeing in the bottles is probably from secondary fermentation. The only way to stop it is to put a stabiliser, potassium sorbate is used for wine, into the bottle, but if you do this your lager will be flat, not nicec and fizzy.

Back