17°c 🌦️🌧️⛈️

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It is August in the UK and the polytunnel has been closed all day. Max temp 17c. I think global warming is a rouse?

Did I cause this do buying a fermentation chiller? After all these years of saying, just don't brew on the 24th of August. Baccus has decided to punish me?

Two snow flakes in December we'll be having a white Christmas, the railways will be at a standstill and the police will be out with huskies. Global warming.

It is August in the UK and the polytunnel has been closed all day. Max temp 17c. I think global warming is a rouse?

Did I cause this do buying a fermentation chiller? After all these years of saying, just don't brew on the 24th of August. Baccus has decided to punish me?
Thought they changed it to climate change.

Millions of years ago there were no seasons...it was HOT....ALL THE BLEEDING TIME!
Volcanoes erupted constantly chucking billions of tons of Ash,gas and all sorts into the atmosphere for thousands of years.
The plants thrived on ELEVATED levels of C02,growing massive...they churned out elevated levels of oxygen....making stuff that breathed it in bigger....
Seen that on the telly.

Are we not now in the 4th extinction phase sorry number 6, A mass extinction is a short period of geological time in which a high percentage of biodiversity, or distinct speciesbacteria, fungi, plants, mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, fish, invertebratesdies out. In this definition, it’s important to note that, in geological time, a ‘short’ period can span thousands or even millions of years. The planet has experienced five previous mass extinction events, the last one occurring 65.5 million years ago which wiped out the dinosaurs from existence. Experts now believe we’re in the midst of a sixth mass extinction.

How long since you saw a Lapwing (pewit) or a song thrush, just asking, the fields were full of lappys when i were a lad, hands up who has seen a Jay recently

Millions of years ago there were no seasons...it was HOT....ALL THE BLEEDING TIME!
Volcanoes erupted constantly chucking billions of tons of Ash,gas and all sorts into the atmosphere for thousands of years.
The plants thrived on ELEVATED levels of C02,growing massive...they churned out elevated levels of oxygen....making stuff that breathed it in bigger....
Seen that on the telly.
Watching this now on iplayer

I seen all those this year.
Hi Clint i recently went for a walk and look at the place i grew up, nothing but houses, i felt quite sad the old house was still there, i looked at the bedroom window were as a 14 year old i would climb out on a friday night on to the ledge over the front door go meet my mates on the local park and sup strongbow till the early hours, getting a bit nostalgic now but how things have changed

Yeah the countryside as we knew it is changing but it's still there just a bit further away.
I see loads fishing and when out with the dogs or metal detecting...life gets in the way of how we used to be.
I don't watch "doom" documentary programmes especially those hosted by a "charity" where about 1p in the £ only reaches its destination due to having "directors" on 100k a year probably from privileged backgrounds.
It really is good though to get out off the beaten track and go nice and quietly and slowly....the jays,buzzards woodpeckers etc are all still there.

Here's another lie...."butter is bad for you"..
No....hydrogenated "slop," in a box is really bad for you.
I once had a manager who worked for a massive producer of hydrogenated ****...said they couldn't get dogs to eat it...

I agree about the slop in a box we only have butter, and yeah the wildlife is still there but not as abundant as it was when i was growing up, i just have a nagging feeling in my head there is more to this **** they are feeding us, i watch a few boatys on yt people who live on 40-50 foot boats and sail round the world, one i watched last week hit a slack patch between the Bahamas and the Azores in the Atlantic so they went for a swim the surface temp was 30c, and you should see the size of some of the fish they catch athumb..

I do like "live for the moment" by summer is in June is a bit much 😂

Now where did I leave those aerosol cans...

Here's another lie...."butter is bad for you"..
No....hydrogenated "slop," in a box is really bad for you.
I once had a manager who worked for a massive producer of hydrogenated ****...said they couldn't get dogs to eat it...

👏👏👏👏

Latest posts

Back