Alco~Coke

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will probably try one of mine again this weekend, now they have been in the bottles for a little while.

I think I mentioned this last time, but I would add a bit more coke concentrate than what is suggested, I found the flavour just slightly weaker than I would have hoped for, but its still drinkable if you like alco pop type stuff

Giving this a go just now, didn't fancy 9L so I just made a 5L batch and tweaked the sugar levels accordingly :D

It's a slow one but it's bobing along nicely :cheers:

Just to let you all know sodastream.co.uk have some new 'soda' water flavours in just for sparkling water and they are clear - bit pricey at almost 6 quid for 3 40ml bottles but each bottle will flavour 20 ltr they reckon - some decent flavours but you have to get them in the packs they did them in. May get some to use in ciders ie the rhubarb,pear and raspberry ones may work. :thumb:

I have some of them in my cupboard
Nice idea of using the essences,
I got mine from home bargains on offer for £1 for 3 bottles
But don't think they do them anymore :(

Anyway would love to hear the recipe and results if u try it!
All natural flavourings and a clear additive has to be a winner!

I started this on the 21st Feb this year. Although there hasn't been any activity in the airlock for some time there are still lots of little bubbles rising to the surface of the water. Does this mean its still fermenting?
I am pretty new to homebrewing so sorry if its a silly question.
The temp has been at around 20 c
I did not take a hydrometer reading at the start
I hope somebody can advise me

Just bumping this because mine is doing the same as lenny1976. It is clearing very nicely though so i am hoping to bottle this this weekend, just as long as my mind is at rest about the tiny bubbles that are rising to the surface from the sediment

I seem to remember this happening especially when it's cooler,
I would recomend that u rack the clear liquid off into a new Demi and u will see in a day or so the tiny bubbles stopping, what u are seeing
Is the yeast doing its hardest to carry on even thou alcohol levels are getting so high that it's killing of the yeast meaning slowing down its reproduction and thus fermentation!

Get rid of the yeast, by now ur brew will be plenty strong enough!

Hey guys,

Am about to attempt this, but unfortunately only have a single DJ available, therefore, I've pro-rata'd to account for this, does this look about right?

2.25L Water
400g White Sugar
1.5g Youngs High alcohol Wine Yeast
2.5g Yeast nutient
100ml DIET Coke Concentrate (or to taste).

Any help appreciated.

Beanhead said:
Hey guys,

Am about to attempt this, but unfortunately only have a single DJ available, therefore, I've pro-rata'd to account for this, does this look about right?

2.25L Water
400g White Sugar
1.5g Youngs High alcohol Wine Yeast
2.5g Yeast nutient
100ml DIET Coke Concentrate (or to taste).

Any help appreciated.

This is pretty much how I made mines, use 4L if you're doing a glass Demi, that way all you're gonna have to do is rack into the syrup at the end.

Your brew will be about 5%

Mines off he top of my head was something like 4.5L water (in a plastic Demi, holds 5L), enough sugar for roughly 4-4.5%, 2 tsp nutrient, 1 pack of lalvin EC-1118 (all my brews have used this as its all I've got currently) and then finally syrup to taste, I over did mines a little

I don't have my notes with me but for roughly 4.5%, according to the hydrometer table I use online 95g/L will get you there.

Beanhead said:
I added about 450g :lol: :lol: :lol:

well in a 4L batch that is roughly 5%
and in a 5L batch that is roughly 4%

so its really all about how strong you're wanting it to be, the volumes I'm talking about are final volumes so if you end up topping up your ABV will drop a bit.

Thanks Dibison, just starting to bubble slowly.

Fascinating the way it moves, better than a lava lamp, could watch it all day, lol.

Beanhead said:
Thanks Dibison, just starting to bubble slowly.

Fascinating the way it moves, better than a lava lamp, could watch it all day, lol.
I'm the same an my mum told me I was a child lol

Then when I went to check it she was watch in it,

1 bubble every 2 seconds lol

I love watching the mince pie brew because
The raisins collect the co2 bubbles on their skin
And all of a sudden it's like a volcano going off and the raisin takes off and shoots to the top of the demijohn and once all the gass is released falls to the bottom

It's just hypnotic :shock:

Latest posts

Back