Going biab. But what kit?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bungle, I'd be inclined to stick with the Amarillo/simcoe combo. Both great hops. Sure-fire winner I think. A recipe for a hoppy ale using these is not complicated, plenty of good recipes online too.

Fancy maybe a lighter beer type this time maybe but more carbed and hopped to high heaven. Prob don't need to make that much as think I've got about 30 500ml bottles to fill.

With the Amarillo/Simcoe? Yes just pale malt and a small percentage of crystal or similar, maybe some wheat, and lots of hops.

Once I've got hops might you please do me an idiots guide to it all. So I've an idea of quantities of what and volumes of liquids are needed and what to do. I do have some 5l paint bags however they do not fit round the full diameter of the pan I have. Issue? Or can I just put bag partially round with grains in or use multiple bags for grains on various sides of pan?

The only sewing I have ever done in my life was a biab bag! Poverty and the need for beer were great motivators. Or, necessity is the mother of invention.

A partial mash might be a good idea. Part biab, part extract. Less grain to lift etc, give you an idea of what's involved. I've never done a full size batch with biab, I'm not too keen on the idea personally!

Round the corner. I'll have pop in on days off. Only need to make a smallish batch to fill some bottles. So good amounts to have a tinker about with.

Latest posts

Back