January 23 comp -American pales

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

It's American pales first up again this year.
I know we are still finishing up on the last comp of last year but I'm going to judge this one on 3/4th February so plenty of time to get your American styles over to me.

Just for clarification this is for any cream ale, American pale, IPA up to red and American Amber.

Please include name and style on the bottle and any other info you would like to share.

Message me if you would like to enter 🍺

Would an IPA with 'new english' hops fall into this do you think?
You can definitely enter it as a American pale or IPA and then I will happily score it against those style guidelines..see how those English hops stand up against the description of the style 👍🏼 don't tell me what the hops are, be interesting to see how it tastes without knowing what's in it.

You can definitely enter it as a American pale or IPA and then I will happily score it against those style guidelines..see how those English hops stand up against the description of the style 👍🏼 don't tell me what the hops are, be interesting to see how it tastes without knowing what's in it.
Dry hopped yesterday, it'll certainly be fresh

I’m kegging a user upper IPA tomorrow that was thrown together in the style of the Swedish chef from the Muppet Show. If it’s a Ready Steady Cook success I’ll enter it, if it’s more Ready Steady Puke I’ll sit tight.

Latest posts

Back