Morley Homebrew Bottle Swap & Comp

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The next bottle swap at Morley Homebrew is on 15th December 2013.

1234266_582193908493368_1919779049_n.jpg

All are welcome to come along and swap bottles.

The last one we did had 6 people attend, and 7 Pale Ales entered in the fun only Pale Ale comp. We are looking to get more people involved in the bottle swap & competition. The last one I won with The Dominator -http://thehomebrewforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=42569&p=423040#p423040

The next competition for this one is an English Bitter with a fruit twist.
This is a fun only competition, and the winner gets bragging rights!

Hadn't noticed this before. Too late for me to start now, will keep my eyes open for the next one though :thumb:

LeedsBrewer said:
Hadn't noticed this before. Too late for me to start now, will keep my eyes open for the next one though :thumb:

Hi mate,

you can still come along, and if you have any brews ready, bring them along.
If not don't worry about it.

I'm hoping to make it along to this.
I won't have time to do the fruit beer, but I've bottled some El Dorado pale for swaps :)

markmark said:
I'm hoping to make it along to this.
I won't have time to do the fruit beer, but I've bottled some El Dorado pale for swaps :)

More the merrier, Don't worry about the comp. Its only the second one we have done.
Looking forward to trying your El Dorado :D

ArmChair said:
Not long to the bottle swap now folks :)
Just spotted this so I'll try and come over.
I don't have much in bottles, but I do have one or two hoppy ruby bitter "the bitter end" left so I will bring one of those. It'll have to do!! :D
Haven't been to the shop for a while so I will pick some bits up while I'm there hopefully.

Kinleycat said:
ArmChair said:
Not long to the bottle swap now folks :)
Just spotted this so I'll try and come over.
I don't have much in bottles, but I do have one or two hoppy ruby bitter "the bitter end" left so I will bring one of those. It'll have to do!! :D
Haven't been to the shop for a while so I will pick some bits up while I'm there hopefully.

That does sound interesting.
I have quite a few bottles to bring along :thumb:

Just been checking on my bottle stocks for the bottle swap, I have 3 of each of these:

Against The Odds 5.1% - Brown Ale
ArmChair Porter 7.5% - Baltic Porter
Bivvy Tramp 4.4% - English Bitter
Cocoa Loca 5.2% - American Stout
Hop Shot 5% - Blonde Ale
Nooky Blonde 6% - Blonde Ale
Imperial Goddess 11% - Imperial Stout
Triple C IPA 4% - IPA

Just a quick thanks for organising this.
Nice to meet some local fellow brewers.
Look forward to sampling your brews. :cheers:

Thanks to all the lads that took part in the bottle swap & competition.

The competition has nine entries and Chris should have sampled all the bottles by next Saturday! I will personally ring him and post the results on here. Good luck lads!

To the lads that left bottles, I tried to exchange them the best I could with what was there, you should all have at least 1 from each person who took part.

Once again thank you to every one involved. It was nice to meet fellower brewers, and local ones at that :)

The next bottle swap and competition will be posted in due course.

Hi Guys -

Good to meet and swap yesterday. Now signed up to this board too so will try and keep up with the posts on here too.

Andy

Results are in for the Morley Homebrew Compertition.

I spoke with Chris this afternoon.

1st Place
Gary Beaumont - Coopers English Bitter Apple Spiced

2nd Place
Ian Smith - B & A

3rd Place
Andy Oxley - Pumpkin Ale

Well done guys, and thank you for everyone that took part.
Details for the next Competition & bottle swap will be posted in due course.

Back