My new Bar

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MEB

Landlord.
Reaction score
Due to my little shop being forced to close i now have a big counter and a long slab of Kauri. Which i plan on turning into a bar, quite a big bar as it'll be about 4m long. :cool:
So far i have removed the old top and cut off a couple of spars to enable the Kauri slab to fit on top without having spars poking out. I've got to cut off a few more bits and find something to line the front with. I'm not sure what i'll line the front with at the mo-i've always thought a urinal would be ideal-then you wouldn't have to move from your position at the bar. :lol:

Pic's to follow :thumb:

MEB said:
I'm not sure what i'll line the front with at the mo-i've always thought a urinal would be ideal-then you wouldn't have to move from your position at the bar. :lol:
:rofl:

I'd heard that the guys on the Brewing Network had converted a single urinal with a beer tap and put it in their studio. Apparently everyone visiting admires it but is very dubious about poring a pint. :eek: :eek:

By the way, if it's in front of the bar where does the "waste" fluid get drained to? :shock:

Bland Lager Tap? :lol: :lol:

Here it is..
3426893109_4fe7e3f03c.jpg

It's a fair size. But hey, who cares? The bigger the better i reckon. :thumb:

I'm going to cut off the perforated panels you can see at both ends allowing me to use the space for storage. One end has my fridge with a single cornie in and i've clamped my tap to the bar so i can use it. I'll need to invent and build some type of stand for the four taps i intend to have. :D

That looks the biz mate :thumb: you seem to have plenty of room there so i'd say the size of the bar is not a problem but more a blank canvass to work with :cool: I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with this :D

I figured i could get the sleeping bag out and crash on the bar if i can't stagger back to the house. :lol:

Hand pulls are impossible to get in NZ. Well not impossible but the ones that are about have been butchered.
I'd really like 4 handpulls, beer engines, bar towels etc. Have to see how it goes.

MEB said:
Hand pulls are impossible to get in NZ. Well not impossible but the ones that are about have been butchered.
I'd really like 4 handpulls, beer engines, bar towels etc. Have to see how it goes.

The stench of defeat :roll:

A T said:
MEB said:

The stench of defeat :roll:

Have to see how it goes
;)

Bloody works well my bar-'ve been staggering up and down it singing(yelling) to various cd's, have leant over it and sneakily topped up my glass, Even considered pissing up it. But then i remembered it was mine and i'd have to clear the **** up in the morning.
I reckon a bar gets you way more drunk than beer. I've had a ball!

Managed to collect 50L of 1039 wort too. All the last bu=its of grain. **** i wish my eyes would work peoper

Er..I think i'm prolly a bit drunk :drunk:

Should i have another brrw? I think i want one. I'm going to get one

Go for it MEB :drink:
After all it's your bar if you misbehave who's going to throw you out :party:

The Home Brew Forum encourages sensible drinking :P

I had to throw myself out last night. I got royally ****** up. It was great :party:

Not worried about the Landlord-he's a top fella. It's the Landlady i'm worried about-she's a right old dragon :lol:

Latest posts

Back