Quality disconnects

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fletch

Reaction score
I have two disconnects for my corny keg, neither of which is any good. One doesn't release pressure from the keg, the other does, but won't stay locked on. Can anyone recommend a source of good quality disconnects that work as they should?

If you buy them from a good home brew shop instead of say eBay or aliexpress you should be ok, I have had the same problem with the cheaper types so now I pay a bit extra and get the German made ones from home brew shops

I'm pretty sure I bought the last one from one of the major on line brewing suppliers, but it seems to be exactly the same moulding as the eBay sourced one I already had. My local home brew store doesn't sell disconnects, so if anyone knows of a disconnect available on line that is definitely good quality, I would be glad to hear it.

Got a German made disconnect from the Malt Miller, and guess what?- no flippin' difference! So I thought it must the corny keg post that's causing the problem. I swapped the 'gas in' post for the 'beer out' post and it works fine.

Actually, I don't use the 'gas in ' post, because I fitted an S30 valve in the lid and use this to pressurise the keg, so as long as I mark which is which, I should be ok. Can't see anything wrong with the faulty post ( it keeps pressure and you can open it with your fingernail). I think it's maybe too big in diameter as you can't push the disconnect down far enough to release the beer. I bought the keg from Kegtopia; it's one of their 10L new kegs. Anyone else had similar problems with this kit?

Latest posts

Back