Scottish National Homebrew Competition 2024

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know the instructions said to mark the package "fragile" and I see that some people have, but I wonder if it makes any difference to how the couriers handle them.
The cynical part of me thinks that they will throw them harder if marked fragile.
I thought exactly the same. I seem to remember a documentary/consumer affairs program showing DHL staff throwing anything marked as fragile, though it was about 10-15 years ago if I recall correctly.

Yipee mine have arrived!!.. I've been cursed with this comp in previous years...

2022: DHL somehow just couldn't deliver my parcel and took them 5 attempts to actually get the parcel where it should be.. So yep that was 4 times, the parcel was loaded onto the van in the morning, bounced around the streets of scotland all day long before being unloaded back into the depot in the evening. All the while they were delivering other beer submissions just fine so I haven't the faintest what happened to mine.. And it was an unusually warm January IIRC.. needless to say they didn't do well being treated like that.

2023: Royal Mail seemed to just lose mine into a black hole as the beers never left my local sorting office.. Well not until like a month after the competition! You can imagine the organisers surprise (and mine somewhat!) when I got a message to say they were delivered a month after posting!

I've been using parcel force ever since and they have been awesome.. I always use their 24hr service and every shipment has always been next day..

At least this year if the beers are rubbish, I can't blame the parcel company!! :laugh8:

242 entries in total. They have sorted the tables as follows

1000059244.jpg

Good luck folks!

Latest posts

Back