Shiny Happy Brewing.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukesharpe

Reaction score
First off, a big thanks to all the folks on this forum who I stolen my ideas from. :)

This brewery is based mostly on Vossy's Nordic build. It's not quite finished yet, but is any brewery every finished. There's always something that can be upgraded. Enjoy the Linky.

Ollie

lukesharpe said:
'Shiny Happy Brewing' the movie.

Enjoy

Ollie

Nice one :thumb:
Had a look at pictures too. Can you explain what's going on with the two pumps and plumbing? what pumps to what and when etc. Have you fitted the the sparging system throught the lid of the Mash tun to recirc during the mash?
Looks like a proper job, must have spent at least £600 on the kit I reckon

pjbiker said:
Nice one :thumb:
Had a look at pictures too. Can you explain what's going on with the two pumps and plumbing? what pumps to what and when etc. Have you fitted the the sparging system throught the lid of the Mash tun to recirc during the mash?
Looks like a proper job, must have spent at least £600 on the kit I reckon

Hi PJ,

You can't see from the video, but there are 3 pumps. 1 Totton and 2 solar pumps.

The Mash Tun is open the whole time, so no need to cut open the lid. The RIMS ensures constant temperature.

Once the the HLT is up to strike temp, then we open up the valves to allow the Totton to pump into the mash tun underneath the grain, underletting.
After this then the solar pump is engaged and we pump through the RIMS and recycle the mash.
When we come to sparge, the solar pump then pumps from the HLT through the RIMS into the mash tun. Spinny sparge arm.
The second solar pump is engaged and we balance the pumping of the wort into the boiler.
Once the boil is finished, the second solar pump then recycles the wort through the plate chiller back into the boiler until we reach pitching temperature.

At cleanup, the totton is used to backflush the plate chiller.

As far as the cost is concerned...... The SS conical fermenter cost around £600 alone.. :oops:
I was keeping a record of how much it all costed, but I destroyed that evidence in case SWMBO found out!

Kev, probably not a good idea to film the consumption... It will probably get a bit messy. :drink:

Ollie

Click on the image for a larger version.

Fantastic set-up, Luke. I've got some 'shiny' coming soon and will be in-need of a ss table similar to yours. Can you tell me where you got it from, please? Cheers

Hi Ollie, That's great, thanks for the info. I'll be in touch with them soon. Cheers

Hi Ollie
Does your SS worktop scratch easily, as mine scratches very easily? I got mine from here but I believe it is the same as the ones catering-service-fr sell.
love the fermenter, now how can I justify one :hmm:

Mark

beer taster said:
Hi Ollie
Does your SS worktop scratch easily, as mine scratches very easily? I got mine from here but I believe it is the same as the ones catering-service-fr sell.
love the fermenter, now how can I justify one :hmm:

Mark

Yeah, mine is starting to get a lot of scratches. I mentioned this to a Chef mate of mine and he said that's normal. He said that when they are new all SS look really shiny. After a few years of cleaning with wire wool, you don't notice the scratches any more..... :shock:

Ollie

Latest posts

Back