THBF Secret Santa - The Results Thread!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunatly still have not heard if my brew has been recieved.
Was posted out on the 10th of Dec,Don't mind so much about the review but would like to know if it has been recieved! :pray:

Same here, was posted first class in the first week of December. It would be nice to know it arrived as apart from BB no one else seems to be saying they haven't had there's

loppy said:
Unfortunatly still have not heard if my brew has been recieved.
Was posted out on the 10th of Dec,Don't mind so much about the review but would like to know if it has been recieved! :pray:
From the postcode I would guess that This Was Yours. So yes it has been recieved and much appreciated :D

Hi aleman.No that one's not mine :nono: but I do know who it was from as he is a good friend of mine and lives down the road from me.
I was glad not to get his one as we started home brewing at the same time and always swap beers so was happy that i got to try a real secret santa brew! :grin:

maybe a pm to everyone, asking to clarify if and when they sent out, and if and when they recieved.

if I find out that someone didn't get mine, I'd happily send another.

Not me!

Here's my review from my SecretSanta - take 2 after the RM Baboons killed the first one.

Firstly, because my Santa was good enough to send me another bottle, this involved us talking - so the bottle came labelled as the Secret bit had necessarily gone by the by. Nicely designed label, which mildly freaked my daughter out as I showed her the bottle when I came in from work, at exactly the same time as she was watching Up on the telly!

8346715837_63bc024901_n.jpg

I'm taking it that it's a OSH clone, given the name although it's a bit stonger than the original at 6.2% (nice - just what I needed after today's AG#4!).

There was a good psssst when the cap came off, and given that it was only 2 days from transit, it was a good clear brew. I'd wager maybe a little darker than the original, but I'm going to comment on it as a beer rather than a clone.

A good malty and hoppy nose, with almost a hint of biscuit in the aroma too which was nice.

8347771802_a324152bc3_n.jpg

8347772784_5124916ce2_n.jpg

The head wasn't particularly tight, but stayed right until the bottom of the glass, and the carbonation was just right.

Taste? Bloody lovely. A rich malt taste with a fruity hop secondary taste, finishing with a nice bitterness - not too overpowering though - just right.

So overall a really good pint - Santa, you can be proud of this one. I'd happily buy it in a pub or in bottles. And once again, thanks for being a really good egg and sending through the replacement. :cheers:

Really enjoyed this thread, nice to see some Christmas spirit making it all work out! Easter bottle swap?

Thanks again to Rob for organising the swap, loads of fun reading the reviews and of course drinking my beer! Was also delighted that my beer was the first reviewed and went down well! Roll on the next swap!

Latest posts

Back