What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're out in Altrincham, so nipped into Mort Subite European Beer bar and sampled a Dubbel and,a Kriek.
Now in Altrincham Market Hall - tucking into Wiper & True Milkshake Stout. Slightly moreish...

P_20170415_184304.jpg

well jeal.

had a we'll wheat again , 2 x lawn raker (garden hoe :grin:) really amazing :thumb: a guiness antwerpen - :doh: never again and an east vs west.

never again will I be tempted by anything from guiness. the antewerpen stout was like a very poor attempt at a beer from...

http://www.gordon.be

and i have to say i've tried a few beers from gordon and none of them hit the spot for me. :-(

I do remember the nigerian brewed guiness foreign extra stout was a delight but its been years since I had one.

When we got in last night I had a couple of the bottles I picked up from Bier Cell (linked to Mort Subite in Altrincham). Highly recommended for the conversation as well as the mind boggling range of beer they sell.
Saved the RIS for today :whistle:

IMG_20170416_114202.jpg

well jeal.

had a we'll wheat again , 2 x lawn raker (garden hoe :grin:) really amazing :thumb: a guiness antwerpen - :doh: never again and an east vs west.

never again will I be tempted by anything from guiness. the antewerpen stout was like a very poor attempt at a beer from...

http://www.gordon.be

and i have to say i've tried a few beers from gordon and none of them hit the spot for me. :-(

I do remember the nigerian brewed guiness foreign extra stout was a delight but its been years since I had one.

Really? I find the Antwerpen goes down very easily.

Really? I find the Antwerpen goes down very easily.

I thought it was cloying. I didn't really appreciate the meaning of the word until I tried it. Still you can't like every beer you try can you?

I'd be very surprised if thornbridge's tart is in tesco's long term. I should stock up on those :grin:

just 2 of my own this evening lawn raker & galaxy hop

When we got in last night I had a couple of the bottles I picked up from Bier Cell (linked to Mort Subite in Altrincham). Highly recommended for the conversation as well as the mind boggling range of beer they sell.

how'd you find the RIS? - I thought it was a good solid beer, but not in the same league as brooklyn black chocolate stout.

Trying out a hardknott intergalactic space hopper 5.2% from Morrison's impressive growing craft beer range.
Price £1.55.
Quite impressive

IMG_20170417_181719.jpg

The labels alone look edible

Had a sneaky bottle of one of my conditioning bitters.

Blimey.

I thought it was twangy when bottling.....but that's gone. It is spicy/junipery - which is what I added.

It is bloody strong...must be 6%-ish.

It is dangerously moreish and light.

how'd you find the RIS? - I thought it was a good solid beer, but not in the same league as brooklyn black chocolate stout.

Yes - I'm not a RIS connoisseur but I was expecting it to be a bit more punchy. Still, it meant I was still awake afterwards to have a couple of small nightcaps :hic:

tea and water

frankly, since this home brew business started, I've noticed my alcohol consumption edging up, and more to the point so has the missus.

I've also noticed me pants are less loose than they once were - and they were never loose in the first place

I reckon a couple of days of abstemious self-healing will do the trick, and then I can enjoy the weekend,

This is a Wherry I bottled on 3.2.17. I primed it with 1/4 tsp of sugar per 500ml bottle (my last Wherry were all gushers). I have to say that I'm really liking the carbonation the 1/4tsp is bringing to this ale. Don't t get me wrong I love the crisp carbonation of lagers with 1tsp per 600ml bottle but this is surprisingly nice.

_20170421_212838.jpg

Hi all,

Unfortunateley nothing will be passing my lips tonight as I am on a 12 hour nightshift Friday and Saturday but planning to be drinking my Wherry , Scottish export, Admirals reserve , and sundew on sunday once I wake up.

All seem to be looking good.

Boig D 2657

Having a few shop bought beers tonight.

Had a Smoke Haus IPA which is a collab between Smoke Haus and Tenby Brew Co, a very nice drop.

Nice was Tart, sour beer by Thornbridge - not bad but it smelt of fart and not tart.

Now drinking Mr President by Brewdog, their DIPA that sells in Tesco's, lovely drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back