where's all the AG brewers gone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
calumscott said:
Me too!! Got a viewing on the flat this weekend so that's step one on the "dark path"... :)

Squeeky bum time!!! Offer in on mine. Offer in on something a bit nice...

...I can feel the dark side of the force already...

evanvine said:
One minute it was there, a very agreeable comment from BB, the next minute it had gone! :eek:
LoL, it was a potential fire starter :D
Aleman extinguished it..lol :thumb:

Stirring it... :twisted:

Trouble-54812506215.gif

graysalchemy said:
I won't use it again but even UP said he went into a pub and had a pint of L last weekend, it wasn't even warm. :lol: :lol:

Anyway I usually spell it Larger and get into even more trouble.
that was a joke. I very very rarely drink lager in a pub if I do it's always a proper German one not mainstream turbo *****.

Up

unclepumble said:
graysalchemy said:
I won't use it again but even UP said he went into a pub and had a pint of L last weekend, it wasn't even warm. :lol: :lol:

Anyway I usually spell it Larger and get into even more trouble.
that was a joke. I very very rarely drink lager in a pub if I do it's always a proper German one not mainstream turbo *****.

Up

Sorry Up

I think there would be less 'common' questions if the search was improved.

If your looking for 'Water Treatment' it ignores 'Water'
'Amber Malt' ignores 'Malt'

making finding the original or a useful post on 'amber malt' harder to find that just starting a new post....

Darcey said:

making finding the original or a useful post on 'amber malt' harder to find that just starting a new post....
Hmmmm!! :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Let Me Google That For You

:roll:

C'mon...

How many people bar the teckies know how to use site filtering in google?

One for the admins - could a site-search google box be added to the forum to use the power of google as a compliment to the existing forum software's search?

Darcey said:

This is a good point Darcey. I frequently have a problem finding the post that i want but i only reliesed the other day that you can exclude signatures :roll:

I believe that the 'there is not bubbles HEEEEELLLLPPP!!!!!' posts are people wanting reassurance. they are usually people who have just started brewing and need someone to say it is ok. Frequently this does not need to be the more experienced brewers, just people like myself who have a firm grasp of the basics.

I must admit though after posting my first and only 'Help' type post and receiving a firm word from Evanvine I have never worried since. So many thanks to Evanvine :thumb:

I was infering that people that first join the site find the 'search' tool abit useless for 'common' questions as 'common' tags are removed from searches...

Thanks for the sarcasm anyway!? :|

Perhaps I'll just Google my questions in future rather than relying on the forum...

Its not hard to use google to search this site. I had never done it but just given it a go searching amber malt and thehomebrewforum.co.uk, and I got 10 pages all from this forum.

I think what Alemans gripe is that regular contributors are repeating themselves all the time and a little use of the search may bring answers. I agree though the search facility sometimes omits part of your query.

Obviously sometimes, as someone pointed out, newbies post because they want reassurance that what they are doing is right and we should support and encourage them even if it is to politely point them in the direction of the search button.

And John, having got rid of one of your posts why do you think that it is appropriate to post something even less relevant and more inflammatory . . . save this drivel for the snug . . . In the meantime perhaps I should just take a chill pill and make contributions elsewhere.

sorry but thats what it all boils down to really. If people prefer kits or all grain. I remain impartial as i have done both but i know which one i prefer. Each to their own. You have to admit though BB is hilarious, cant beat a bit of good old yorkie humour

Aleman said:
And John, having got rid of one of your posts why do you think that it is appropriate to post something even less relevant and more inflammatory . . . save this drivel for the snug . . . In the meantime perhaps I should just take a chill pill and make contributions elsewhere.
Sorry Tony your a great guy that's helped me out more than I care to remember, but your out of order on this one!!

Maybe this is my last post :hmm: .....
This forum is now way to serious for my liking. :? I enjoy my brewing and a bit of fun and banter on the forum, maybe it's my Yorkshire humour that doesn't go down too well??..
But if this is how it's going to be from now on with censorship like a communist country because somebody says Stainless is better than plastic or AG is better than Kit or a f*ck is better than a w*nk...and so on then I'm out... :(

I've done all types of brewing over 28 years except BIAB so I should be allowed with experience to criticise or comment on good n' bad ways of brewing.. The only thing I've never had a comment on is BIAB because I know naff all about it.... maybe I'll go on youtube for 5mins then I'll be an expert. :whistle:

Bye!!

BB

Back