2nd go at turbo cider.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frogbrew

Landlord.
Reaction score
Yesterday bottled up my first go at t/c with 0.5ltr diluted vimto added so thought I would get another one on straight away as the are only small batches 4-4.5ltr.
This time I've used:
2.5ltr basics lidl apple juice.
1ltr lidl mango juice
250ml 3 teabag tannin.
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp pectolase
1 tsp yeast nutrient
2.5g universal wine yeast
Will add another 1ltr apple juice in a few days.

Bubbling away like mad, the mango juice was quite thick and cloudy so not looking very nice but early days yet. Was the wifes idea to use the mango by the way:?

CAM00109.jpg

Last edited:
Update: I racked this off into another DJ 5 days ago to get rid of the crud, bottled it up yesterday with 1tsp sugar to prime and half teaspoon sweetener. Left 2 bottles without the sweetener to compare, still cloudy though:hmm:

Mango is notorious for pulp. The cloudiness sounds like you were too early with the bottling, although you do get cloudy cider.

Mango is notorious for pulp. The cloudiness sounds like you were too early with the bottling, although you do get cloudy cider.

The Mango juice was really thick I must say, its only slightly cloudy so not bothered really, as like you say some are served that way.

CAM00115[1].jpg

This mango t/c has turned out very nice, still only slightly cloudy but a nice mango flavour coming through. A little bitter but I just add a small sachet of granulated sweetener to mine before I pour it, the wife likes it as it is though..

Latest posts

Back