30 litre pot

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnsbrewery

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know where is the best and cheapest place to buy a standard 30l pot/kettle for boiling on gas hob in the uk? Thanks

I got mine from the Malt Miller for £50ish I think but that's stainless steel. Reckon you can get cheaper if alternative material was used (e.g. aluminium) but have no experience using so can't recommend (others on here may assist in that regard)

Stick with Stainless Steel if you're buying, but for £90 you could buy a 30ltr burco electric boiler which are great for boiling wort or BIAB if you want.
Thanks both, are these electric ones any good at controlled temps for say steeping grains?

"Aluminum is a better conductor of heat than steel, so your pot will come to a boil faster and also cool down faster after you are done boiling. The only major disadvantage of aluminum is that it will oxidize, so you can't use oxygen-based or caustic cleaners such as Oxyclean."

But have you tried Amazon?

Yeah they've ruined Rhyl...that along with the litter,drugs and general degeneration of the area...well,they're pumping a few quid into the area in recent years but like a lot of places it'll never be the same..

Yeah they've ruined Rhyl...that along with the litter,drugs and general degeneration of the area...well,they're pumping a few quid into the area in recent years but like a lot of places it'll never be the same..
Pity as Wales is beautiful very much like Ireland and there is sand on the beaches... Fond memories..

How does anyone who does it find doing a full batch on a gas stove. I used to have real trouble getting 14 litres up to a boil. I've easily saved 2 hours a brewday since I went electric and upped to a full boil.

How does anyone who does it find doing a full batch on a gas stove. I used to have real trouble getting 14 litres up to a boil. I've easily saved 2 hours a brewday since I went electric and upped to a full boil.
My thoughts, too. 12 litres is OK, but apart from the time needed to bring to the boil, it's starting to get a bit heavy to move at cooker-top height. Anything bigger than that gets done outside on a propane ring.

I've got two 30 litre Burco's and they give you a rolling Boil. About £90 on Amazon.
I have the Burco Cygnet which has a vigorous rolling boil, real solid build and never had the thermal cutout activate yet. Easy cleaned and tap conversion was no issue. Pity it will be used for sparge water when the Robobrew arrives..

Latest posts

Back