5l batch night - Prosecco

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvt_ak

Budding Brewer !
Reaction score
Didn't get chance to get my rhubarb juice tonight so aiming for some fizz/prosecco type finish:

1L Apple juice
1L White grape juice
2L water
500g sugar
1.5 tsp yeast Youngs super.
1 tsp nutrient
1 tsp pectolase
1tsp glycerine
1tsp citric acid

OG: 1.082

Whacked into airing cupboard !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SG tonight is 0.994 so it's ready for bottling but it's cloudy as anything despite tasting like a prosecco.

Do you think it will clear in the bottle ?

Thought about adding kwik clear ?

hi i dont understand what your trying to do here , is it one of those wow quick drink get drunk recipes, if you want to make a prosecco type sparkling wine i can tell you how

Please do Tanzanite, the only hurdle I foresee is getting a clear fizzy drink without sediment. Have read up on this but would be interested in your ideas. Do you freeze the bottle neck to remove sediment plug?

hi i dont understand what your trying to do here , is it one of those wow quick drink get drunk recipes, if you want to make a prosecco type sparkling wine i can tell you how

Are WOW's just for getting drunk quickly ?
I've missed the point if they are as my days of drinking cheap plonk to get drunk quickly are over.

I'm just experimenting matey - new to home brewing and juice wines a nice grounding for growing the knowledge.

We like Prosecco so was aiming for a similar taste and fizz.

Help would be good [emoji106]

One of the nicest sparkling is gooseberry with a touch of elderflower its superb i have a dozen bottles made in june from my own gooseberries ready for slurping christmas, Right prosecco, you need a white whine kit containing the chardonnay grape but any white wine kit will do, but chardonnay is the champagne grape along with any pinot types. ferment out fully using a champagne yeast not the kit yeast, clear , when fully clear bottle and wire in carbonated bottles, you add two teaspoons sugar plus just a few grains of champagne yeast seal keep warm for a couple of weeks, then into the cold to condition for a few weeks,(4-6 weeks) you can sweeten using a none fermentable sweetener at the bottling stage if you dont want fully dry wine.

Well - I've bottled this get drunk quick recipe tonight [emoji848].
Tastes good but hope it clears over next few weeks [emoji318]

One of the nicest sparkling is gooseberry with a touch of elderflower its superb i have a dozen bottles made in june from my own gooseberries ready for slurping christmas, Right prosecco, you need a white whine kit containing the chardonnay grape but any white wine kit will do, but chardonnay is the champagne grape along with any pinot types. ferment out fully using a champagne yeast not the kit yeast, clear , when fully clear bottle and wire in carbonated bottles, you add two teaspoons sugar plus just a few grains of champagne yeast seal keep warm for a couple of weeks, then into the cold to condition for a few weeks,(4-6 weeks) you can sweeten using a none fermentable sweetener at the bottling stage if you dont want fully dry wine.

Ah - that sounds simple enough to follow. What's the idea of adding the champagne yeast to the bottle , extra kick and taste for fizz ?

Ta !

The fresh yeast, just a few grains eats the sugar and creates the fizz , thats why you keep it warm after bottling for two weeks

which side of leicestershire are you i am in nottingham, i go to melton market quite reg and over to long clawson and colston basset dairies to buy cheese ,

North mate - Ibstock so close to you. Melton is a haunt of ours as we have some friends there.

yes any champagne yeast is fine , thought you sounded more notts way , apple make a great fizzy too , if you need any help just get back to me

yes any champagne yeast is fine , thought you sounded more notts way , apple make a great fizzy too , if you need any help just get back to me

Will do - and shout if you have any left over gooseberries next year and I'll be round in a sniff [emoji24]

How do you avoid sediment?

Theres very little has the wine has been fully cleared before bottling , then only a few grains of fresh yeast used, when its chilled you pour carefully and make sure YOU get the last glass that might have a touch of sediment, it tastes great so you have to live with a very small bit, unless you want to disgorge it but its not worth it for the small amount you get.

Cheers will give this a go! I've got some champagne yeast. [emoji106]

Cheers will give this a go! I've got some champagne yeast. [emoji106]

Make it now and it should be perfect for summer drinking, Warm barmy summer evenings. sitting in the garden the smell of honey suckle and night scented stocks drifting into your senses, sharing a iced glass of your own cuvee champers with the beautiful lady in your life, what more can an English man desire. I will list all the things an English man would desire when i get a couple of hours

Just one more thing, do you use champagne corks, standard corks or plastic stoppers with the cage?

i use plastic champagne corks with wire cages, if you need a champagne bottle supply let me know

Back