6 Nations!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
happyhoppytaff said:
round 4

that was a long two weeks since the last 6 nations weekend. here comes another. brace yourselves. :party:

Italy V France
I cant see home advantage amounting to very much in this fixture. expect a big win for France.

:drunk:

Just what I thought and decided to miss it and watch the wales - Ireland later on, got the car washed a few house jobs as the brewing has been taking priority recently :D .... Looking at the score, missed a party ! :party:.

Well luckily I watched the Italy France game, France were 'not at their best' but the Italian fullback Masi deserved his MOTM award, the Italian skipper Parrise played as he always does :thumb: they really do need a kicker though :roll:

Wales Ireland was a dissapointment, the ref cocked up big style with the Welsh try, Johnathan Davies quoted the laws correctly but it wasn't the spectacle I was hoping for, the most exciting bit of the game was the last ditch effort by the Irish attempting to score :roll:

However the real winner of the day.... the bottles of Black Sheep Riggwelter I brewed a few weeks ago were excellent :cheers:

Have to do it all again tomorrow for the Calcutta Cup game :drink:

If you look at any of the games you can always say that the turning point was a bad decision by the referee. Caplin did well . . . but there was no way Jonathon Davies should have been penalised for getting up after a tackle . . . He hadn't been held so was more than entitled to get up and continue. . . . Plus it wasn't Caplins error . . . he asked the linesman if it was the same ball . . . and the linesman said it was

It was a nasty ugly game . . . but it was a win and I'll take it at that.

Italy France was awesome :clap: :clap: :thumb: :thumb:

I just got back from Cardiff after the game, 1st game i have ever been to and the atmosphere was amazing, game wasnt too bad either. 75,000 people singing and cheering makes an incredible atmosphere, especially the last few minutes right infront of us :)

:shock:
italy, what a great showing. great game. great result for italy. a great result for the 6 nations. for a few yeears italy have looked like they might eventually do more than make up the numbers. the win agaisnt france firmly places them in the thick of it. mirco bergamasco had the right boots on today.

:shock:
wales

so it seems we can win ugly after all. a win is a win and im not giving it back no matter how much moaning and sniping john inverdull does on bbc. and,,, sonya mclochlan was baiting players and coaches for some sort of footballesque outburst. that was more disappointing than any bad reffing decisions

not a great game but alll wins are great

going to the pub for eng sco. :drink:

happyhoppytaff said:
,,, sonya mclochlan was baiting players and coaches for some sort of footballesque outburst. that was more disappointing than any bad reffing decisions

Didn't see the Wales 'after match' discussions, but typical reporting no doubt :roll:

Italy beating France, well just about everyone this side of the channel would be smiling at that :lol:

Just brought more 'stock' up from The Den so there's Riggwelter again for this afternoon :drink:

happyhoppytaff said:
Baz Chaz said:
Just brought more 'stock' up from The Den so there's Riggwelter again for this afternoon :drink:

enjoy the brew Baz. hope you have a good game too.

Thanks HHT :thumb: I'll enjoy the brew whatever, just need a good game to really top it off, I don't support any team in particular, I just love rugby :clap:

Well ...... here we go :thumb:

i just love rugby too.

great game this afternoon. england V scotland. i was a sort of neutral, watching with my english buddy at his gaff. with the stress of the wales game behind me i could really enjoy a fullon international match. it was a cracker. close, much closer than expected.

feelng the hangover ccomeing on.

see you next week for...

...super saturday!!!!!!!!

:drunk:

super saturday

all day rugby and homebrew drinking session

Scotland v Italy
its gonna be a cracker

Ireland v England
its gonna be a cracker

France v Wales
Its gonna be a cracker

i had a test pint of the new brew last night, a georde ale with extra malt extract. it has come out a bit more malty than i though it would. quite a lot of mouth to it. but its not bad. its had a couple of weeks in the shed and is ready to go.

my wife is making lots of good food to keep me and our guests going.

it is going to be a craker.

enjoy super saturday and the best of luck to your team

SUPER SATURDAY

Can not wait! 1st game down me mates house (as he's a jock!) second down the local for the atmos, third back at mine for roast pork sambo's and plenty of HB! get it! :cheers: :cheers:

leedsbrew said:
SUPER SATURDAY

Can not wait! 1st game down me mates house (as he's a jock!) second down the local for the atmos, third back at mine for roast pork sambo's and plenty of HB! get it! :cheers: :cheers:

sounds like a good day ;-)

just english and welsh here tomorrow. we should be able to cheer each other on for a change :drunk:

Ohhhhhhhhh boy, I find three games all in one day a bit much usually :roll: ........ but ....

....... the beers are already stocked up from 'The Den' and the anticipation of 'everything still to play for' ........ fingers crossed for one or two open games :clap:

Well two entertaining games so far today :party:

Thought Italy might have played better, but Scotland found their game today.... at last :clap:

Ireland played very well, they were 'up for it' today and it showed, the times England made simple mistakes yet again really didn't help them, well done Ireland :thumb:

........ and still one more game to go today, come on Wales :!:

OK I'm impartial and enjoy a good game, except when France are playing, I always support their opponents :whistle:

Baz Chaz said:
OK I'm impartial and enjoy a good game, except when France are playing, I always support their opponents :whistle:

I wouldn't put it past the French to let Wales win by 30pts just to stop England winning the championship. :twisted:

Looks like the French are doing the same as the Irish, they're playing hard attacking rugby even in defence, if that makes sense :roll: 11-3 France at half time, Wales are going to struggle I think :hmm:

its was a good day here at hoppy towers. the homebrew went down very well with everryone and my wife salads were a big hit too.

less said about the rugby the better

unlucky england. that daft yellow card didnt help at all

wales were **** and france wernt particulary good. they lived off our mistakes. few possitives for wales.

ahh well, at least that is all over, until june anyway

well done england on the title. pity theres no slam.

Latest posts

Back