A Good Base Grain From Geterbrewed?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vicendea

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm hopefully getting a Grainfather for christmas :pray: and I want to start brewing some 8% Double IPAs as well as try and master lower alcohol 4% very hoppy beers. For a base malt, I'm just confirming if this one is a good choice? As at £18 for 25kgs the price is right!

https://www.geterbrewed.com/crisp-clear-choice-extra-pale-ale-malt-ebc-3.0-4.5/

As it's extra pale, for my lower alcohol beer I'll have to add about 10% of light crystal and 15% munich malt to add body. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this malt and website?

Cheers,

Wow, so it's now 5% cheaper, thanks! I see they have hops by the kilo at good prices, however is there an option of buying a kilo but with the hops coming in say 10 100gm bags?

Wow, so it's now 5% cheaper, thanks! I see they have hops by the kilo at good prices, however is there an option of buying a kilo but with the hops coming in say 10 100gm bags?

They're customer service is superb. I bet if you asked them to do it they would. The best way to conctact them to ask them is by face book messenger.

I like those Crisp malts a lot. I used to use their Irish ones (which they don’t seem to stock anymore) but since I switched to Crisp my efficiency has shot up.

I bought this lager malt for £18

847C8A34-6492-4B91-9711-DDE779ADC7FC.jpg

Made a few with Ireks lager malt and just bought some more but recently its crisp extra pale. Think i just had a sack of Bairds as well. Also use UK lager malt, not sure what brand of the top of my head. They are all good and to be honest not sure if i can tell them apart. Next will try the organic.

I use the extra pale. Its a great malt.

That's good to know, I assume I could use the extra pale as a base malt for IPAs, as well as the occasional lager I might do for friends? I'm assuming it could also accompany wheat malt for when I also do wheat beers?

I've got a brew in the FV with the Crisp Clear Choice Extra Pale from GEB at the moment. So far it's living up to it's billing, paler even than MO extra pale and very clear indeed. We'll see how it turns out after bottling and conditioning.

I have some extra pale,not used it as yet however.I always purchased the Irish Pale,Irish Lager and Irish Stout malts and have been more than happy,just hope they re introduce them all.

How does it taste? I'm assuming to get a malty profile for an APA I'd need to use some crystal and munich malt?
Punk
IPA is extra and caramalt and the Jaipur clone I make is extra pale and Vienna. You could mix it with pale malt to your taste. I generally prefer a light crisp beer so have been using this. Melanoidin is a good addition for malt taste without adding too much colour.

Latest posts

Back