A short introduction

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meaulnes

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I am new to this forum and I would like to introduce myself.
I live in the very south west of France. I have been brewing for around 5 years. I directly started with all grain brewing first with a 30 liters Robobrew and now with a Grainfather G30 connect.
I generally do a 5 gal batch every month mainly American IPA and American Porter, though at summer time I prefer brewing Wheat beers.
At the moment I am using BrewFather as a software that is not very different from Bewers's Friend's one but I feel it easier to use though I think there are too much cumbersome options that are prone to errors.
I would like to give a try to GrainFather's software but each time I try it it suggests me around 3 or 4 liters of water more than BrewFather which seems very accurate to this regard.
I hope, I will find in this community some answers to questions that will not fail to arise to me in the future.
My apologies for my approximate English.
Brewing yours

Hello Meaulnes and welcome to the forum. I live in the very south east of Brittany, right on the border of 35 and 44. I don't use an all-in-one system, nor do I rely on software. I think that's because I started some 50 years ago before such software was invented. While I like brewing wheat beers, I've recently discovered the so-called pseudo-lagers and I've been brewing quite a lot of these with New Zealand hops and also Australian-type pale, hoppy ales. Perfect for the summer, when nicely chilled. I'd be especially interested to know where you get your ingredients as I'm finding the best and cheapest supplier to be The Homebrew Company in Ireland- much cheaper than either Autobrasseur or Rolling Beers.
Your English is excellent, by the way; I wish my French were as good. The phrase "questions that will not fail to arise to me in the future" is difficult to express in any language. It's "questions that will certainly (or "no doubt") arise in the future".
I don't get on this forum very often these days, but I'll keep an eye open for your posts.
All the best.

Hello An Ankoù
Thank you for you welcome and glad to meet you (by interposed network).
I was aware that this way of saying « les questions qui ne manqueront pas de se poser à moi dans le futur » will not be easily understood or translated by non French native speakers. It may seem a bit formal even bombastic.
Regarding ingredients, I try to optimize the total cost i.e. including transport fees but it is not easy to find all we need in the same shop. I sometime bought in GB though generally I buy at Rolling Beers. But recently I bought organic malts in 5 kg bags at la Malterie des Volcans at an acceptable price. It's difficult to find organic malts in less than 25 kg elsewhere.
I will have a look at the Homebrew Company in Ireland. If transport fees are acceptable it may be good to me.

With kind regards

Latest posts

Back