A year in and Thank you.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keat64

Landlord.
Reaction score
I'm 53 years old and have been brewing in one form of another since I was about 13 years old.

I've brewed many beer and wine kits, I've made wine from hand picked ingredients, even used canned fruit juices......iv'e experimented with absolutely all sorts.
I've had some great results and some not so.... (Dandelion wine, that's a story)

I've done many beer kits since around 1990, and always found them a little lackluster or missing something, they never tasted quite right.
I did stumble on Muntons Gold in the late 90's and stuck with these for a good 10 years as I always got half decent results.

Work dictated that I had a short interlude in the brewing game, also travelling to beer festivals was more fun than brewing my own, so somehow my equipment all but dissapeared.

Then about 14 months ago, one of my beer festivals included an open day at a small micro brewey in Huddersfield. After spending an hour or more chatting with the two brewers, I decided that maybe I could brew my own craft ale.

So 12 months ago, I joined this forum and started building/collecting.

12 months of craft beer making at home makes me by no means an expert, but I'm now happy that I reasonably know what I'm doing and am happy to share my own knowledge with others.

I'd really like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for welcoming me in to the fold, and for all the advice I've picked up over the last year.

:thumb::drink:

I make dandelion wine every year. On St. George's day. As is tradition, even though I can't find out why.

What's the story?

The brewery in Huddersfield is The Rat & Ratchet.

Where do I start with the Dandelion.

I really couldn't be ar$Ed with plucking the little yellow petals, so just lobbed the whole head, including the few leaves and tiny bit of stalk in to the mash.

The end result was toxic.

I'm pretty sure that my dad still has a bottle in the garage, almost 25 years on.
No one dare open it though as it might contaminate a 20 mile radius.

Latest posts

Back