Aaaaaagh.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honk

Landlord.
Reaction score
I thought it would be a great idea that whilst fermenting a lager at 11 Deg c, I could also keep a keg of british ale in my brewfridge at cellar temperature.
Unfortunately I went away for a few days, just got back looking forward to a pint and find the fridge switched off and lager at 14 Deg c.

Upon questioning my wife, she wanted to put the turkey in there (in MY brewfridge) but decided it was a bit smelly. So changed her mind.

Lager will probably be ok, as had 6 days at cooler temperatures and is now basically on the fast ferment method, which I was going to avoid as don't have a keg available yet.

Just needing to vent somewhere, I'm not happy at the moment.

Happy Christmas everyone.

Good idea, at the moment I'm drinking some rather warm beer with my head in my hands repeating "why would she do that? .... Why?"

I thought it would be a great idea that whilst fermenting a lager at 11 Deg c, I could also keep a keg of british ale in my brewfridge at cellar temperature.
Unfortunately I went away for a few days, just got back looking forward to a pint and find the fridge switched off and lager at 14 Deg c.

Upon questioning my wife, she wanted to put the turkey in there (in MY brewfridge) but decided it was a bit smelly. So changed her mind.

Lager will probably be ok, as had 6 days at cooler temperatures and is now basically on the fast ferment method, which I was going to avoid as don't have a keg available yet.

Just needing to vent somewhere, I'm not happy at the moment.

Happy Christmas everyone.
Reading this suggests your lager will be just fine. http://brulosophy.com/2016/02/08/fe...ager-yeast-saflager-3470-exbeeriment-results/

Different yeast (wlp800) but brulosophy have also experimented with that and it should be fine.

I now know how it got switched off, apparently my wife came back from shopping with my daughter and thought that daughter had switched the fridge on, so turned it off when deciding not to use it.

I'm now mellowing, possibly under the influence of alcohol.

I once came back off hols to virtually all my tropical fish dead...the mother in law was staying in ours...she explained that the heater,pump,filter etc must have switched itself off as she knows nothing about fish....
I cannot tell you my thoughts...

Came home one day to find my two beers fermenting at 30 degrees. Heating had been left on all day and the fermenters were in an understairs cupboard that the hot water pipes run through.
One of the brews was my first AG. I think that's the only time the kids have heard me swear.

Latest posts

Back