Ace/Brew Devil/Klarstein/Hopcat 50L

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake Michael

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if it’s worth getting the 50L version of the above all-in-one systems if you’re mostly gonna brew 23L batches of beer?

I’ve noticed the price to go up from the 30L to the 50L version is about £50 one some versions so should I just get bigger or is there going to be any draw backs other than the additional cost?

I’d be totally new to all grain so I’m thinking I’d want to stick to 5 gallon batches until I’ve made a few beers just to make sure they’re good enough before I do any larger batches.

Can anyone tell me if it’s worth getting the 50L version of the above all-in-one systems if you’re mostly gonna brew 23L batches of beer?

I’ve noticed the price to go up from the 30L to the 50L version is about £50 one some versions so should I just get bigger or is there going to be any draw backs other than the additional cost?

I’d be totally new to all grain so I’m thinking I’d want to stick to 5 gallon batches until I’ve made a few beers just to make sure they’re good enough before I do any larger batches.
I have both and they are now coming out with a 70 litre, you could still do 23 litre batches on the 50 litre until you get the hang of it. Well you could call the cost a drawback but remember you will be able to do bigger batches.

Latest posts

Back