Acid or citric level

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazzor114

Reaction score
I am planning to brew Alco Coke after finding the recipe on this forum, just one question how many tea spoons of citric acid do you recommend to be added to yeast, nutrient, sugar & water to create a PH of between 3 & 4?
After some research this level of PH is the optimum level for the yeast to grow, please correct me if this information is not correct.

Coke is already pretty acidic (although IIRC it's phosphoric acid), so I wouldn't add any citric.

I have not explained the Alco coke recipe to assist with my question.
The instruction was to ferment water and sugar, then after the fermentation is completed, racked off and stabilise.
Then to add the coke concentrate, “diet” so the end product will not restart producing alcohol and blowing bottles.
So to assist and to produce the best environment for the yeast I was looking for the advice on how much citric acid for 1 UK gallon

Alcoholic coke??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Are you ten years old :wha: :wha: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:cheers:

gazzor114 said:
I have not explained the Alco coke recipe to assist with my question.
The instruction was to ferment water and sugar, then after the fermentation is completed ...... etc.
Ah, I'm with you now.

Well, from my own experiments I have found that water and sugar doesn't ferment even if you add acid and nutrients, or rather it takes a long time to not get very far.

That was using wine yeasts, I haven't tried it with beer or baking yeasts, or turbo yeasts and charcoal.

I was always told that you can make wine out of almost anything, why is it difficult to ferment sugar water if you can with fruit tea bags, what is the chemical that allows this fermentation?

Latest posts

Back