Advice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigspoon

Reaction score
Hi

I've only just started brewing with a kit. I would to brew like a brewer would, with grain and hops. What does this process entail?

Thanks
Brian

Theres loads of information on here about AG which is massively helpful.

I also recommend buying and reading British Real Ale by Graham Wheeler, im currently reading through it and it goes through how to brew both extract and full grain in enough detail to understand. But not too confusing!

I cam across a video on YouTube the other day (I'm at work on the phone so can't remember the link -- something like Graeme does homebrew)....

Where basically this novice does an all grain brew. Whilst I appreciate it was probably a basic one, I was quite shocked at how easy it all looked.

It certainly got me more interested in having a go at some point, but I personally want to persevere with Kits at the moment.

If I can find the link I'll post it for you. Quite an eye opener.

ag brewing is very easy , it just requires big enough equipment such as large pans etc but the rest is simple , water 66c grains soak 1 hour or so pour liquid out ish add more water leave a little
collect all liquid up , big pan boil 1 hour ish adding hops job done :)

Back