BIAB Do I Don’t I

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am on the edge of my understanding too.

But I will add.

Mocha pot works anywhere.

There is now a zoneless induction hob, where you just put the pan somewhere on top on the stove (aaarg)

https://www.rangecookers.co.uk/products/stoves-precision-d1000ei-deluxe-zoneless-induction,6916/
We have one of those on half of our hob (Neff call them 'flex zone'). As far as we can tell, it's not truly zoneless in that you stick it 'anywhere' and it magically finds the pan. It seems that the 'flex zone' has 4 smaller rings, rather than 2 larger ones, and if a pan is over one of the smaller rings, it turns it on. So it's more flexible than going "you must put it exactly here", but not by a lot 🤷‍♂️

More than i wanted to spend but found this on brew brothers. With basket so i can sparge

Attachments

• IMG_6250.png
    IMG_6250.png
    268.2 KB · Views: 0
Hi Nick's 90,

"little Bluetooth temp sender says it's at 20c and drop the wort"
What device do you use? I've been looking for a high temp wireless sensor, where did you get it?

Thanks.
I make sure I only have the bottom 2" of the probe submerged as I don't know how waterproof the actual head of the probe is

Attachments

• 17073287474685195082920130787220.jpg
    17073287474685195082920130787220.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 0
Adding hops before boiling point prevents boil overs. One of the many benefits of First Wort hopping. When I do the occasional starter, a hop pellet stops wort climbing out of the Erlenmeyer flask.

I'm all about First Wort Hopping. Didn't believe half the stuff I read about it until I tried it. Saves me forgetting my bittering addition too 😂

Last edited:
I like that and just within my budget range. Have you done many brews with it?
Pros and cons?
Thanks
Just ordered it Matt, I have two tin kits to make first then in couple of weeks going to try my first all grain. I have my eye on the Malt Master Guiness Tribute. Going to sit down tomorrow and get my head round the absorbtion rate which i understand to be 1 litre per kilo, so straight forward. And the boil off rate which im told varies so i will have to learn through experience of using my new system. Quite excited to learn more as i go along

I make sure I only have the bottom 2" of the probe submerged as I don't know how waterproof the actual head of the probe is
I have a similar 4 probe one, I'm now down to 3 probes after fully submerging one and it failing during the boil, so no, not steam proof at the knurled holding end.

Found a picture of it, not available anymore but was £30 on scamazon.

1707578602261.png

Good for brewing and BBQ, has a Bluetooth app for setting high low temp alarms etc. Range is good enough to be able to sit in the next room through a brick wall so could be part of a time saving/not standing over the pot setup.

On the point of oversized pots on the induction, I do have a problem that mine has touch sensitive (induction?(probably capacitive)) buttons and if I have the pot central on the hob it can be sitting partially on some of the buttons. The hob doesn't like having its buttons pressed for extended periods, who does, and errors out and turns off.

On the point of oversized pots on the induction, I do have a problem that mine has touch sensitive (induction?(probably capacitive)) buttons and if I have the pot central on the hob it can be sitting partially on some of the buttons. The hob doesn't like having its buttons pressed for extended periods, who does, and errors out and turns off.

Knob.

Get one with a knob. I had problems with a button one.

Latest posts

Back