AG#1 TT Landlord Clone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr Mike

Landlord.
Reaction score
Water treated and HLT on at 9:20.

Just seen I'm not the only one doing a Landlord clone today!

Thanks.

Doughed in at 10:10. Hit planed mash temp of 68.

Will put pics up later.

Just finished run-off and sparging. Ditched sparge arm half way through and went to tin-foil method.

Collected 24 litres at 1048 so efficiency looks a little high. Sweet wort tastes OK.

Now just bringing back to the boil.

Dr Mike said:
Collected 24 litres at 1048 so efficiency looks a little high. Sweet wort tastes OK.

Don't worry the yeasties will roll their sleeves up, have a party and sort that out pretty quick :D

Boil & cool now done.

Run-off wort has a lot if break material in it, even after recurculating a good few litres. What's best option ? Should I let it stand in boiler for longer ?

Thanks. Looks like yours went well. :cheers:

Finished up with 18.5 litres at 1050 so liquored back to 21.5 litres which should be 1043. Now tucked away in the fermentation fridge set to 18.

Kitchen looks like a bomb has hit it.

OK. Pics are what this section is all about :

Grain Shot
001.jpg

Doughing In (When I unboxed that mash-paddle I thought it would be far too big but it is a useful size)
002.jpg

Mash-tun's got his hat on
005.jpg

End of mash (lost 1.7 degrees)
0072.jpg

1st Runnings (I managed to get a tube on the end of the MT in the end
0102.jpg

Sweet Wort
0122.jpg

Transferring back to boiler
0142.jpg

Hops ready
006.jpg

On the boil
0152.jpg

Commence Cooling
0162.jpg

Running into FV
020.jpg

Wort after Boil
025.jpg

Time for the yeasties to take over
023.jpg

48 hrs in and the foam has now all gone from the top of the brew and it looks like about an inch of sediment on the bottom. Is this normal for S-04 ? Still bubbles breaking the surface so I think it's still active.

75C29E5A-9BDF-4F87-8583-6D5FBB360733-749-000000FFD08581A7.jpg

I've used that yeast twice now, and on both occasions the initial ferment has been...er large. it soon settles down and the sediment is good and firm on the bottom. I like it

Back