AG#10 Yes! I'm Special! (Braumeister)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caerleon

Regular.
Reaction score
Well as its a nice sunny day and SWMBO has just cleaned the kitchen i decided to crack on with a brew for some of my collegues whom I have been promising for ages to let them sample my brews and i think i can just about manage it - hopefully this will turn them away from the evils of tasteless lager drinking!

Est OG 1.070
Est FG 1.011
Bitt 42 IBU's
Colour 43.3 EBC
ABV 7.8% :cheers:

Grain Bill
4.8 Kg Maris Otter
0.9 Kg Crystal 150
0.5 Kg Dark Brown Sugar

Hops
60 Mins
37 g EKG
28 g Fuggles

30 Mins
7 g Star Anise

10 Mins
18 g Bobek
13 g Progress
13 g Fuggles

10 mins Steep Aroma
5 g Bobek (had to use them up)

Mash
52C 10mins Mash in
66C 60mins Maltose
73C 30mins Sacc 1
78C 15mins Sacc 2

It's currrently in the maltose - will update later with pics.

Sounds Christmassy - What sort of style is it going to end up as? Looks like a sort of spicy Olde Peculier with a bit more kick to it :-)
I assume it'll need to condition for a while at that ABV, so is it actually going to be a sort of Winter Warmer type thing?

Here are the photos promised;-

1 The Brewmeister - Mash profile programmed and ready to rock.

2 Liquor on the boil.

3 Mashing in the grain bill.

4 Good start - Mash,Protein and 2 Saccrification profiles.

5 Good Boil underway.

6 Cooled wort into fermenter - pitched yeasties.

Algernon said:
Sounds Christmassy - What sort of style is it going to end up as? Looks like a sort of spicy Olde Peculier with a bit more kick to it :-)
I assume it'll need to condition for a while at that ABV, so is it actually going to be a sort of Winter Warmer type thing?

I have used spices and wanted to experiment with a nice twang of flavour - i have researched and some recommend for a hint of flavour in the background 5-7g of Star on 23 Ltrs should be just enough. 8% rule of thumb = 8 weeks = 2 months, but it will get better with age if i have any left i will save it for Xmas :party:

Programmed? What is this automatic wizardry and how much does it cost? Sounds like a very handy piece of kit!

It brew's 23 ltr's 'approximately' - i get 1 ltr loss in the base and seem to end up with 22-23 ltrs at the end.

They also do a 50 ltrs and 200 ltr unit :party: but i have no space to store either - unless i start a microbrewery and use it as an excuse to brew in larger quantities.

Algernon said:
Programmed? What is this automatic wizardry and how much does it cost? Sounds like a very handy piece of kit!

Afraid being an Process Engineer - I like process controls as this gives me good repeatable results. Although, there are still blood, sweat and tears involved in paying for the kit - which i had to have a serious talk with myself about...we agreed to buy it in the end as it was...shiney! :D

Latest posts

Back