AG#2 Bee Juice Beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lobes

Reaction score
Well, after the minor disaster with dry-hopping AG#1 I thought it was best to get back on the horse straight away. Otherwise there's a good chance I won't have any drinkable beer for Xmas!! Decided to have a go at Bolty's Bee Hive Bitter, but couldn't get hold of any Pacific Gem hops and had less Goldings (Bobek) than I thought! So I've altered the recipe slightly, fingers crossed it'll turn out ok.

Everything went much smoother than the last brew, very excited to see how this turns out!

3.5kg Marris Otter Pale Malt
300g Crystal Malt
1KG Honey (added with the hops to last 5mins of the boil)

20g Cascade 60mins
20g Fuggles 60mins
20g Fuggles 15mins
19g Bobek 5mins

Final Volume: 23l
Original Gravity: 1.046

The grain
IMAG0025.jpg

First bit of wort from the mash tun
IMAG0028.jpg

First hops
IMAG0051.jpg

Hops boiling
IMAG0059.jpg

The honey
IMAG0068.jpg

The last hops
IMAG0069.jpg

At least the snow came in handy for something!
IMAG0071.jpg

Gonna be bottling on Sunday I think. Also gonna try using some finings this time in the hope that it might be drinkable by Xmas. I've got a sachet of Young's u Brew finings, and also some Isinglass......is one any better than the other?

bishopsfinger said:
Nice one Lobes :thumb:
Pacific Gem are expensive anyway :whistle:
Take a look at the 'Forum How To Guide' by MuddyDisco. I use Photobucket...

Photobucket's solved the problem! The forum doesn't like flickr for some reason!

Yeah, I had a look at Pacific Gem but they sound like more hassle than they're worth. Lots of people saying they're not particularly nice.

Latest posts

Back