AG#41 - Coffee & Donut Stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the one. There is a fair few quirky ones in there, including ones suitable for gluten intolerants, but also some more standard ones. The recipes are in 1 US gallon format with a 5 US gallon scale-up. I convert them to 4.5L and brew in demi-johns!

Dennis

I'm going to treat myself to a copy then and make up some unusual smaller batches. Does it measure everything in US imperial or in metric?

am still trying to figure out how he got the donuts to sink ?

:tongue:

It's all US imperial, but a couple of minutes with a calculator sorts that out.

Re "regular" beers - there are recipes for fairly straight-forward IPA/APAs, a dry stout, kölsch (okay, that one is perhaps a little unusual in the UK)...

Dennis

Kegged half this brew last night. Lovely stuff. Tastes ace.

K

B34339FB-12DA-4553-8138-FBE0BD646A53-820-000000462804EB03_zps173c0933.jpg

F26E619D-C5DF-49A6-A50D-2BECADFA74E7-820-0000004623A938C9_zps7ca7061e.jpg

kev said:
The Everyday IPA in the book is awesome.

Goodie. It seems like the Everyday IPA is their flagship, and im brewing it this weekend. Followed by either this stout or the chocolate maple porter. Both sounds great

stuey said:
Are you taking any to TST?

Crossing everything that my hints about the recipe book for my birthday have made it through :D

Was planning too. Probably the keg and I'll leave the bottles to age for supping at Xmas.

K

Mashing the grain, only mustered 6kg of pale malt to go in there, but should do the job. Going to give it a good 2 or 3 hours to mash ...

http://imgur.com/wyeviYE

Thinking seeing as the coconut is fresh and has ended up with bits of shell on it, I'll rinse it, and then boil it. Then again, it'd be boiled anyway if I just throw it in with the wort!

Latest posts

Back