AG#42 Golden Oat Bitter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickthebrew

Landlord.
Reaction score
Rain almost stopped play today but seems to be clearing up a bit and the rain stopped !! So my normal 7am mash time is put back to a 12:30 mash time :cheers: This should be a good session beer,

Golden Oat Bitter 46L 3.7%

6000g pale malt m/o
600g crystal malt
500g wheat malt
500g flaked oats (roasted till light golden brown, 180degrees c for 45mins)
200g roasted barley

60g northdown - 90mins
60g e.k.golding - 10mins
40g e.k.golding - flame out

expected OG:1038
expected FG:1009
IBU:28.6
SRM:13.6

One 23l FV will be fermented with wlp023 and the other with dried notty :D

Happy brewing :drink:

snail59 said:
Hope you have a good brewday Rick. Pleased to see you brewing fetish Has not been curtailed now that your MARRIED :D :lol: :lol:

:lol: No chance - wait till I get a garage there`ll be a serious brewery in that :D

So started raining a few times - umbrella out - got very wet and just finished clearing up, much prefer to have the mash on early me thinks :lol: Targets all hit though 46litres @1038 :cool:

Time for a :drink:

Good, fine & dandy Rick. Oats in a bitter? Being a porridge boy I quite like that... Not dry-hopping this one then? Is this what getting MARRIED does to one? :lol: Hope you'll succeed with your brewery plans. Would love to get something similar going instead of heave-hoing equipment back and forth from storage. Bah.

gurtpint said:
Good, fine & dandy Rick. Oats in a bitter? Being a porridge boy I quite like that... Not dry-hopping this one then? Is this what getting MARRIED does to one? :lol: Hope you'll succeed with your brewery plans. Would love to get something similar going instead of heave-hoing equipment back and forth from storage. Bah.

Next time i`ll add a few goldings into the FV, maybe drop the roasted barley from 200g to 100g - just bottled and tastes promising :cool:

jinxy72 said:
let us know how it tastes rick ... oatmeal bitter sounds mmmmm :drink:

Will update in a few weeks and see how the yeasts have affected the brew - the notty is clear as a bell already :drink:

Back