AG#5 Honey Beer (Mark 2)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Confession time: I forgot my strainer on AG#2. Siv worked okay though ..... eventually.

Think I need to print off bulletin points and pin up in the shed for my next few brews, I tend to have a few just to calm me down :grin:

Looked a good day Dave :thumb: brew looks good

did you still put the hops in a bag dave just incase? :rofl:
Gald to see it went to plan :thumb:
Can you put me down for a bottle please :cheers:

muddydisco said:
did you still put the hops in a bag dave just incase? :rofl:
Yes mate fitted the bag to the boiler, well its a habit now. :rofl:

muddydisco said:
Can you put me down for a bottle please :cheers:
Yes mate there will be a couple of bottles set aside for you :thumb:

And Alan ill deliver yours personaly :thumb:

Well i pitched the yeast on this last night, first time ive used the Gervin english ale yeast and the first time ive re-hydrated a yeast. All i can say is, god im glad i stick my FV's in a black bag, this one was spilling over the top of the FV within 12 hours of pitching.

Gervin English Ale yeast used to be re packed Nottingham Ale yeast, but the packaging has changed and no longer states "Strain NA" does anybody know if it's still the same strain?

Right checked on this tonight, the OG is down to 1.020. Early indications tell me it going to be as good, if not better than my first atempt at a honey beer. But with this one when it goes into the bottle im going to leave it for about 3 months before i even try it.

corby_brewer said:
But with this one when it goes into the bottle im going to leave it for about 3 months before i even try it.

I keep saying things like that to myself too ;)

Well this went into to keg / bottles tonight. FG was down to .010 so that gives me a 7.3% ABV honey beer. Not quite as strong as the first one but early indications tell me it going to be another good one. The only problem i can for see is going to be clarity, as i forget to add the moss during the boil. But i hope the people who i send the bottles to will see past that and concentrate on the taste.

Latest posts

Back