ahoy ahoy

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oshodisa

Reaction score
Hello,

Just thought I should say hello.

I'm an all grain brewer and have been going about 8-10 months now. I've got 5 or 6 batches under my belt so far, some great, some indifferent, one abjectly dismal!

I never really thought of homebrewing as a thing to do. I remember my dad doing it in the 90's with not so successful kits, but for my 31st my OH got me a simple introduction to brewing book and a Coopers kit.

Having a read through the book the processes really interested me so we went off to a fairly local homebrew shop and had a really good chat with the owner.

Having done homemade wine for a year or so I went in and said I don't want to over reach and make life difficult for myself before I know the basics.
he said 'borrow this bit of kit, try this recipe with AG, if you don't like it, you can try extract and you have not shelled out to much'.

Of we trotted home, and gave it a go - such fun! Still have the coopers kit in my brew box, it's behind the grain for my next batch!

Now after a handful on months and a few good drinks (which have had some good feedback from friends & rellies) I sit a dream of brewing full time - so much for not aiming to high and making life difficult for myseld!!

Nice to meet you all.
Andy

Hi Andy, your tale sounds like a typical "how I got into brewing" story.

Welcome to the forum. :cheers:

Latest posts

Back