Air rifles?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really helpful, thanks. Looks like air rifles are one of those things that have increased in popularity during covid and it's not easy to find a good example 2nd hand at reasonable price.... Might go for a rifle without scope initially due to budget then retro fit when I have some cash available
If you register on the UK air gun forum you'll be able to see the classifieds. Lots of good examples come up there and even if you don't buy you'll know what to expect price-wise for a used example.

Here in Scotland we can`t have airguns without a firearms license.
Harder to get a sect 1 firearms cert than a much more deadly shotgun certificate.

When i lived in England i used to have a couple of (expensive ) air guns for target shooting sold them about 20yrs ago when it looked like the law was about to change.(Dunblane and all that.)

My info might now be out of date as i have not owned guns since.(apologies if i am.)

However time changes ones perspective,I now have a cat i am very,very fond of,If some teenage tearaway shot him my response would be unprintable.

Here in Scotland we can`t have airguns without a firearms license.
Harder to get a sect 1 firearms cert than a much more deadly shotgun certificate.

When i lived in England i used to have a couple of (expensive ) air guns for target shooting sold them about 20yrs ago when it looked like the law was about to change.(Dunblane and all that.)

My info might now be out of date as i have not owned guns since.(apologies if i am.)

However time changes ones perspective,I now have a cat i am very,very fond of,If some teenage tearaway shot him my response would be unprintable.
Don't worry. I live down south, I'm not a teenage tearaway, and I won't be shooting cats (although I do wish they'd sod off out of my garden, have been known to throw the odd half brick at those that trespass)

I am planning to sell this HW35E in .177 to fund the purchase of a kegorator kit.
I renovated it 10 years ago.
I have 6 air rifles.
HW95 .20
HW98 .177
HW100 .177
BSA Standard Pattern .22
Webley Brummie Longbow .22
I will sell the Longbow too.

Attachments

• HW35E.jpeg
    HW35E.jpeg
    42.1 KB · Views: 112
I am planning to sell this HW35E in .177 to fund the purchase of a kegorator kit.
I renovated it 10 years ago.
I have 6 air rifles.
HW95 .20
HW98 .177
HW100 .177
BSA Standard Pattern .22
Webley Brummie Longbow .22
I will sell the Longbow too.
What are you looking for out of interest?

What are you looking for out of interest?
Maybe around the £250 mark.
It quite old and collectable, I bought it because I wanted a gun with open sights to play with. It's very satisfying shooting spinners,cans and stuff. I would never be a good enough shooter to take any kind of game with it.

Last edited:
I have a BSA Lightning whish is great. I don't use it much anymore and would consider selling it.

This guy raves about it, hits a paintball at 25 metres in the video.

I used to have a BSA .22 break barrel (there were no other options back then) i could just about hit a barn door at 25 meters. :laugh8:

I've had a Gamo air rifle for almost 20 years. I think it's a Spanish brand.

At 1000 ft/sec, it packs a decent punch and it was a relatively inexpensive unit. Single-shot, break to cock type of gun.

I see you are from the US of A mabrungard they have some serious guns there.

In UK back in the day we were limited to 12 ft-lb guns that made a .22 about 600 ft/sec muzzle velocity
However i remember seeing adverts for American guns of 9mm caliber,Thats a SERIOUS airgun.!!!!!

Ive got an old Webley vulcan with a decent set of sights and wouldn't part with it for the world, just us it for plinking and the odd rat in the garden, deadly accurate up to about 30 metres. Bet you could pick one up for a ton.

Just looked for a Secondhand vulcan Online they seem to fetching 2 to 3 hundred! Only paid 70 for mine with sights many moons ago.
drinking festival razorback, festival german weiss and woodfordes norfolk nog all excellent.

Just looked for a Secondhand vulcan Online they seem to fetching 2 to 3 hundred! Only paid 70 for mine with sights many moons ago.
drinking festival razorback, festival german weiss and woodfordes norfolk nog all excellent.
Webley were bought out by a Turkish company maybe 15 years ago and production was moved there, guns they built are a bit **** in comparison.
So I think it made the origional Brummie Webleys more sought after and so more collectable.
They are well made guns and when you look at the finish of the blueing and stocks, you can see there was some passion and pride taken by those who built them.

Webley were bought out by a Turkish company maybe 15 years ago and production was moved there, guns they built are a bit **** in comparison.
So I think it made the origional Brummie Webleys more sought after and so more collectable.
They are well made guns and when you look at the finish of the blueing and stocks, you can see there was some passion and pride taken by those who built them.

I have an old Crossman CO2 .22 pistol that needs seals. Our ground squirrels don't come in the house & the scorpions avoid the openness of the doorways, so they don't come in either.

Yet my Rock Island Armory 1911 45ACP travels with me daily. 🙂. Being the wild west and all.

My old BSA Meteor is still in my parents' loft. I used to be a crack shot with it. I grew up in a semi-rural Yorkshire town. Lots of people had shotguns or more powerful air rifles and it was perfectly usual to go out shooting rabbits (or the Duke of Devonshire's pheasants).

I was a member of a small-bore shooting club when I was a kid. I was hopeless with a pistol - they were really heavy - but pretty good at prone shooting. We used Anschutz .22 rifles. One of the club members had been a sniper in the Korean war and I once watched him put six bullets through the same hole in the target.

Back