Alboe Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MEB

Landlord.
Reaction score
A Little Bit Of Everything Ale

I had little bits of Grain left so I thought I'd just bung em all together and do a brew :D
After deciding on a standard best bitter type of brew this is what I came up with.

40L est OG 1048

4653g MO(for thats all i had left)
2311g Carapils(as above)
400g Malted Wheat
250g Chocolate Malt
248g Brown Malt
131g Amber Malt

Mashed for 2hrs at 66C. Meant to mash for 90 mins but got sidetracked :roll:
Planned to boil this the next day but got too drunk so boiled today-a day later than planned :roll:

Hops Boil 90 mins
20g Green Bullet cones
30g Sticklebract cones
20g NZ Cascade cones last 15 mins

2hr sparge keeping grain bed at 78C

2tsp Irish moss
1tsp salt added to boil

2 x S04-had to use it up as getting close to 3 month's old.

Collected 40L at 1042 so undershot my est OG but happy with 40L of 1042 brew-this will be a drink now brew, rather than one stored for my 40th. :cheers: Especially as I used up the last of my old MO, Carapils, Brown and Amber malts. So I'll be ordering a new batch of malts from my new supplier tuesday. I sterilised my brewing paddle whilst the wort was chilling and once it was down to temp I removed my IC and gave the wort a good stir round to get a whirlpool going. I left it half hour to settle before I racked off to FV. The domed bottom and whirlpool really helped keep the trub and hops from my wort. I really love my kettle-It has no faults as far as i can tell. Everything works like I wanted it to.
I managed to craftily swap around a few coolboxes and I'm now going to convert a 50L chilly bin into my new MT. The last one is maxed out with 8.5kg plus mash liquor. Should enable me to do 50L DP recipe's :cool:

All in all an easy brew to knock up-especially with S04, which I sprinkled in the fv once it had an inch of wort in and then the rest splashed in on top. 4hr lag time which is perfectly respectable for dried sachet yeast that's been sitting in my fridge for nearly 3 month's.

I love brewdays :thumb:

As long as it's wet and alcoholic I'll be happy :lol:

I've only brewed one beer that was a bit wrong so I have high hopes for this. :D

Latest posts

Back