Quantcast

Aldi Punk IPA copy, anyone tried it ?

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Milesey

Reaction score
I have and it’s crap !

Try one by all means but it’s a hell of a disappointment and not cheap either !

Also anyone seen the new cans of Punk IPA? 440ml and 3,40 each from my local Tesco Xpress

4 x 330 ml are 6£ or 8 for 9£ - mental !

Scottyburto

Regular.
Reaction score
I think the Yaldi IPA is made by brew dog. The Aldi sourced one was called "Anti Establishment IPA" or something and brew dog had them via Twitter.

pms67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The new Punk is double punk, it’s 8.8 percent
Not for me thanks

phildo79

Reaction score
The double tastes nicer than the original but it's hardly worth the extra expense.

LesTom

Regular.
Reaction score
If it's the Anti Establishment IPA you mean, then I had it last week and it was absolutely rank. Bloody awful beer, tasted like sugar puffs that had been soaked in water 😝

Milesey

Reaction score
If it's the Anti Establishment IPA you mean, then I had it last week and it was absolutely rank. Bloody awful beer, tasted like sugar puffs that had been soaked in water 😝

It’s fking crap 💩

Linalmeemow

Landlord.
Reaction score
I haven't had Punk in years so I couldn't compare properly. The original Punk is one of the beers that first got me into decent beer. It was 6.2% (I think) at the time and it was lovely, almost puckeringly grapefruity. They reformulated it, dropped it to 5.6% or so and it was never nearly as good, and I'd guess they've slowly dropped the hops out of it to save cash as they've become everything they ever railed against - just another bland faux-craft brewery wearing the dead skin mask of the rebels they purported to be.

Clever marketing though, but **** 'em.

The Aldi version isn't good but it's nowhere near as bad as people say. It's a bland rip off of a bland rip off of itself.

Milesey

Reaction score
Same beer is it bollocks
It’s nowt like punk ipa by BrewDog

pms67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way is it the same beer as it used to be, an accountant is now adding the hops