All grain set up.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Usief

Reaction score
Not to sure how to reply with quotes, lol. But I'm trying to convince myself on an all grain set up.
Don't know if this will be allowed here, but thanks to Brexit I'm loath to seek equipment from outside the u.k now. Am actually more or less decided on a Peco all grain beginner set up, thanks to recommendations. I've kind of commited already as have a 23l all grain kit now arrived. Plus there still may be a small chance I'll win on the beer kit draw thing.
Although I think my style of banter wasn't greatly received, plus I technically broke the rules by posting twice as I ran out of edit time on the original post.
However that all got sorted. It's canned kits I've done for beers up till now. Had some good results. About the broken one, I'd phone them as you might possibly get a complimentary replacement box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although I think my style of banter wasn't greatly received, plus I technically broke the rules by posting twice as I ran out of edit time on the original post.

A quick heads up if i may -
You posted the kit you wanted (post 1) in the giveaway thread then posted (post 2) immediately after, you are only allowed one post in giveaways and as post 2 was totally off topic it was removed.

I have also removed the whole post above out of a totally unrelated thread and forum into its own thread as many members wouldn't have seen it, if you are new to forums and are having problems please contact one of the moderators who will be happy to help.

POST 1
I'd like to try the lucky freedom. Although that's based purely on the name

POST 2
Had wrote a wee bit about not getting freedom from the English and having the freedoms we had stripped away through Brexit as a second thought but ran out of edit time. Tbh I know nothing of politics, although it sounded good in my head.

Don't know if this will be allowed here, but thanks to Brexit I'm loath to seek equipment from outside the u.k now.
You'll do well to find any equipment that doesn't come from outside the UK. Braumeisters are manufactured in Germany, I suspect other equipment is made in China.

but thanks to Brexit I'm loath to seek equipment from outside the u.k now.

You'll do well to find any equipment that doesn't come from outside the UK. Braumeisters are manufactured in Germany, I suspect other equipment is made in China.

Richard I am not sure if he means he is loath to buy equipment to ship to the UK at inflated prices due to Brexit or if he means due to Brexit he will not buy anything that in not made in the UK.

I am a dull broken record, but I'm very happy with the Klarstein all in one, about £200 and has made me some amazing beers. Shout if you have any questions on it, not tried a peco, but had been looking for one on ebay before I got the Klarstein.

Lol, Thanks man?
I'm just joshing really, with the Brexit thing anyway. I don't do politics. And yeah I don't do much with forums. It was a klarstien thing I was looking at also. Tbh after watching a couple of YouTube vids now, I'm slightly more stuck for how to approach this. Theres the DIY option, the simple option, the halfway automated option, then the hardcore option that looks like you have an actual brewery in your shed (not that I have that much cash lying around). Should just pull the finger out and get something to get it done.

Thats the way to go for most potential brewers see how you go with basic brewing to start with it may save you money if do not get on with brewing also it will teach you how to brew from a beginners perspective plus members here will help you through athumb..

It is worth reading up on the potential for extra duties payable on top of the price of goods ordered due to rule changes introduced since brexit. It has been mentioned on here before.

https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty
If I went for something shiny there'd probably be extra charges to pay. but when buying ingredients from EIRE with a bit of careful ordering you could avoid extra charges.

That would be my advice, too. I wouldnt go as far as @Cheshire Cat with has cardboard box method, but why not spend as little as possible on a stove top set up using BIAB and see how you get on.
BIAB can be done on the cheap; only needing a bag in addition to what's needed to brew extract. I did my first one yesterday.

Been considering the move for ages but always was a bit miffed at the variables. Don't wanna get something I'll be looking to punt onto someone else in 2 months and similarly don't want to spend a whack of dough (that I might not have) on something that may not actually be worth it. I'll figure something to suit eventually. Thanks for the input though guys 😀

You could pick up a peco mash boiler and a bag for less than £140 that’s how I started biab got the bag from Brewinabag.co.uk and the peco from Wicked Brewing. Im on a Grainfather S40 now same principle of brewing really I don’t do a full volume brew I prefer to sparge but with Biab it’s a lot simpler way of brewing.

Latest posts

Back