Amarillo hops available?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheRedDarren

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi gang,
I'm looking for some of these to make this.
I know they are a hard to get hop, but does anyone know anywhere that may have them in stock? I've had a trawl through my usuals but no luck!
Failing that, any substitutions?

Rob at the malt miller is expecting the new harvest of us hops to arrive over the next month or so. I'm delaying my amarillo pale ale until the new year. The homebrew shop also have pellets in stock but it says they are not vacuum packed so I'd stay clear and go for geterbrewed or the HBC cones...i guess their postage costs may influence final decision.

It was the pellets that were not vacuum packed...
Amarillo Hop Pellets 100g
T90 Type
Harvest :- 2013
A/A :- 7.3%

PLEASE note these are not Vacuum Packed

but i didn't realise they had leaf one in stock. (which are vacuum pack)..sorry ..poor quality research:doh:
I think they only charge a couple of quid for small orders.

It was the pellets that were not vacuum packed...
Amarillo Hop Pellets 100g
T90 Type
Harvest :- 2013
A/A :- 7.3%

PLEASE note these are not Vacuum Packed

but i didn't realise they had leaf one in stock. (which are vacuum pack)..sorry ..poor quality research:doh:
I think they only charge a couple of quid for small orders.

Don't be daft mate, I appreciate the info!
I am surprised they sell them un-vacuum packed, I've onlt ever bought leaf hops so far.

Yeah..I was surprised too. I was looking for galaxy leaf hops (which I always use) and couldn't find any, so started looking for pellets, and was surprised to find 2013 harvest non vacuum packed stuff for sale. Thought hops were always vacuum packed these days. I got eventually some vacuum packed 2015 harvest galaxy pellets from the homebrew centre...also some test variety called armadillo...curious to see what these ones do.

Yeah..I was surprised too. I was looking for galaxy leaf hops (which I always use) and couldn't find any, so started looking for pellets, and was surprised to find 2013 harvest non vacuum packed stuff for sale. Thought hops were always vacuum packed these days. I got eventually some vacuum packed 2015 harvest galaxy pellets from the homebrew centre...also some test variety called armadillo...curious to see what these ones do.

Nuts. Armadillo hops? I was going to make an Amarillo/eldorado pale and call it armadillo. That's that idea burgered.

I've already got the hops though, so any suggestions for a new name?

Latest posts

Back