An Aussie HERMS Rig

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yob

Reaction score
Hiya all, Im still pretty new here so I thought I might share my brew rig.

I use a 4V HERMS rig with a 19lt pot with a ghetto coil I made myself which runs off an immersion element, my ramp times are about 1'c per minute (roughly, maybe a touch over)

Both the HLT and the HERMS are run off STC1000 units and someday if I can be bothered I will probably upgrade that to a PID setup.. a also use a little "24V brown pump" for now Im pretty happy with how it runs.

My MT is a bit of a beast, its a 45lt esky coller with a copper manifold, to stop it blocking when recirculating I drape a sheet of nylon material over the esky to act as a filter and it seems to work well..

The only upgrade I have planned will be a smaller pot to use as a hop back. I currently dont use a chiller and adopt the "No Chill method" or the "Slow Chill method" if it's a stinking hot day.

Yob

(damn, forum thinks Im a spammer and cant post photo's)

Welcome to the forum Yob :thumb: like the sound of your rig :cool:
damn, forum thinks Im a spammer and cant post photo's
After so many posts you can post them, alternatively pm the links to me or a member of the mod team and we'll put them in for you ;)

Shot of the rig during Fly Sparge,

The HEX unit, is set up to CIP, 2 hoses change and it's away, I love that little beast :grin:

The dual Controllers for the HEX and HLT.. maybe one day I will upgrade to PID... maybe... you know what they say about if it aint broke..

Yob

Thanks admin.

Back