Anarchy

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopWroester

Reaction score
Had their 'Quiet Riot', loved it, anyone got any idea on a clone recipe?

QUIET RIOT

Our South Pacific IPA is overflowing with kiwi fruits, lime and orange zest. Sweet malts are balanced against a big bitter bite. Medium in body, oily in texture and delicious in flavour.

I had a look around for this but no joy sorry.

You're looking at NZ hops, Wakatu and Pacifica provide lime and orange zest, respectively.

Sweet malts, probably crystal, and a bitter bite, plenty of IBUs from a NZ bittering hop like Green Bullet, Southern Cross or Rakau.

All pure guesswork of course!

I follow one of the brewers on Twitter, he's a nice chap and homebrewer too so have asked if he can shed some light on the ingredients for you. He said he'll have a look tomorrow, so I'll let you know what he says.

Lovely stuff, brewery is 2 to 3 miles from me :) might have to pop along and enquire :)

I follow one of the brewers on Twitter, he's a nice chap and homebrewer too so have asked if he can shed some light on the ingredients for you. He said he'll have a look tomorrow, so I'll let you know what he says.

That would be great, looking forward to what he has to say

Hi - did he get back to you on this?

:cheers:

I messaged him last night. This is what he could pass on:

Grain: Maris Otter, Malted Oats and Carared

Hops: Galaxy, Southern Cross, Pacific Jade, Riwaka. Galaxy dry hop

Chico yeast at 21℃

Very generous of him. I love how often in the world of brewing, brewers with a commercial interest in producing a unique beer are still willing to share key elements of their recipes.

First attempt at a recipe, close on bitterness and abv, what do you think?

Capture.PNG

Back