Anglesey bound !

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvt_ak

Budding Brewer !
Reaction score
Off to the North of Wales to coastal Anglesey for 4 days on Thursday.
What beverages await me ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the sound of their Elderflower PA.
May have to hunt some of that down. [emoji106]

I have had it at a beer festival and it was ok. no real elderflower flavour but that may be done to how the cask was kept etc at the beer festival

I have had it at a beer festival and it was ok. no real elderflower flavour but that may be done to how the cask was kept etc at the beer festival

No, the bottled stuff is equally disappointing. Bland. Dark side of the Moose I remember as being ok.
Wild Horse Brewing Co. from Llandudno do some decent stuff. Also Penlon Cottage Brewery have some decent beer but I don't know if it gets all the way up to Anglesey.
There must be many more microbreweries up there. Great Orme also from llandudno springs to mind but I've only ever had one of theirs.

(I collect Welsh beer labels so I only ever buy one of anything and it's all getting to be a bit of a blur!)

Mostly Robinson's pubs on the island, unfortunately.

Not a beer thing, but I've great things about the The Marram Grass Cafe if you want good eating. Really want to check it out next time I'm in the area.

Mostly Robinson's pubs on the island, unfortunately.

Not a beer thing, but I've great things about the The Marram Grass Cafe if you want good eating. Really want to check it out next time I'm in the area.

I think that was on the TV wasn’t it , or at least featured on a coastal walk program.
Looks tasty.

As a slight hijack, is there a good site to find the location of breweries?

Perhaps chippy_tea could maintain one of not :thumb1:

As a slight hijack, is there a good site to find the location of breweries?

Perhaps chippy_tea could maintain one of not :thumb1:

We could make a sticky thread in one of the forums if members think its worth while.

I have created a map i will make a thread in the General beer discussion forum asking members to post Location , quality of tour and beer etc and i will then transfer it to the map, if you have any suggestions can you add them to the thread.

Latest posts

Back