Another beginners question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonesy

Reaction score
Afternoon apologies for what will seem a very obvious question, I have last night bottled half of my first brew and barrelled the other half, I put it back in the same place it was in the house which holds a very consistent 23 degrees.

Q1: Is 23c of for the first few days after bottling ? Or does the temperature need to be higher ?

Q2: How long should I keep it at that temperature?

Q3: On average what is a good conditioning time and temperature before sampling ?

I have searched on line and there seems to be so much info that it makes your head spin so ill ask here as I seem to find the best advise here.

PS It's an IPA

Thank you

Does not need to be any warmer. General rule of thumb is 2 & 2 & 2. Two weeks ferment, two weeks warm condition (at fermenting or room temp) and then two weeks cold condition.

Last question on this subject, how cold should cold conditioning be? Are we talking fridge or just a cooler environment

Last question on this subject, how cold should cold conditioning be? Are we talking fridge or just a cooler environment

I leave them in the garage to cold condition. The temperatures both in the day and during the night are perfect this time of year.

Dave

I store my bottles after the bottle fermentation in a small fridge and keep it there for a week at 5 degrees celsius. The beer clarifies quicker when you store it at colder temps. It's always handy to have fridge during the hotsummer days..[emoji28]

Latest posts

Back