Another Water Profile Question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And in case that's not enough reading for you have a look at the technical articles on Murphy's site: Technical Articles Archive - Murphy and Son
Another great link,
Thank you so much.
Do you have any recommendations on water PH tests? Looks as though it is either the cheaper paper strips or the digital.
As the resounding answer is, yes sort your water out. I am going to dive right in and give it a go.

Do you have any recommendations on water PH tests?
I'm not an expert at all so I don't really have any recommendations for you other than probably avoid the paper strips. I will also say that I have this meter which is currently almost £90 (it was considerably cheaper when I bought it a few years ago), and I also have this one which is £8, and when they are both calibrated they read very close to one another. I'll let you draw your own conclusions from that 🙂

I'm not an expert at all so I don't really have any recommendations for you other than probably avoid the paper strips. I will also say that I have this meter which is currently almost £90 (it was considerably cheaper when I bought it a few years ago), and I also have this one which is £8, and when they are both calibrated they read very close to one another. I'll let you draw your own conclusions from that 🙂
Fantastic. Curse you inflation, Brexit strikes again 🤣
Thanks, I’ll give them both a look. Thank you again for you help and advice 👍

I have one of the cheaper PH meters and calibrate it with buffering solution afer ever 2-3 brews to make sure it's correct but it does seem to stay stable.
Thanks, this is worth knowing. I have fallen fowl of cheap **** from Amazon before, and was reluctant to go for the cheaper PH meters. Might just make the leap and hope that I make a win like you. Nice one, thanks 👍

Latest posts

Back