ANTHONY JOSHUA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am not surprised to hear the result this morning, he wouldn't last 3 rounds with Fury.
(not that that is ever likely to happen now)

Oleksandr Usyk is the new unified heavyweight world champion after dethroning Anthony Joshua with an incredible performance in London.

Last edited:
AJ is just a Frank Bruno clone.

What do you mean by that?

Bruno was a great heavyweight for his generation, in golden generation of heavyweights.

Joshua blew away everything out in front of him to simultaneously hold 3 world heavyweight belts, including stopping Wladimir Klitschko.

Joshua’s lost his way recently, and he might not make it back, but neither he nor Bruno deserve to be called ‘just a’ anything, unless its come from someone that had secretly become the unified heavyweight boxing champion of the world.

Does he perhaps underestimate his opponents? He did with Ruiz (although so did everyone) and he was saying this bloke had come up from cruzerweight too early.

What do you mean by that?

If you look i had second thoughts and removed that but as you have quoted it FB was a good fighter until he met the best i have grown tired of listening to the AJ v Fury hype he wouldn't last 10 minutes in the ring with Fury.

AJ is a very good boxer but he just doesn't box well consistently enough. Never let his hands go at all. Obviously didn't have faith in his own game plan. Trying to drop weight in an effort to combat Usyk's speed and technical ability was a poor decision. Usyk had absolutely no fear of him, as he demonstrated in the final round when he went after AJ despite having him roundly beaten already.

AJ could be done after the rematch. I'm more excited by the prospect of Usyk Vs Wilder/Fury.

Its this kind of BS that has put me off boxing i used to be big fan in the Tyson days, he isn't good enough to fight Fury saying "without the belts" is just rubbish.

Asked about any future fight with WBC champion Fury, Joshua said: "The road to undisputed is marketing. When I pulled up today, it just reminds me that it's a big circus. This is the greatest show on Earth.

"I'll fight Tyson Fury and Wilder without the belts. The belts are fun, it's great, it's legacy - but with or without the belts, I'll fight whoever. The road to undisputed [champion] is a nice title to have and chase but would you still watch it without the belts?

Last edited:
People just didn't seem to realise how good Usyk is, I have watched most of his fights and I was very confident he would beat Joshua, he is a better boxer on every level than AJ. I saw an interview with AJ yesterday morning and he seemed so lacklustre and uninterested in the fight it convinced me 100% he would lose. Perhaps he's had enough of the whole circus who knows but on last night's showing he needs some time off and time to think whether he comes back to take the rematch. As it stands he is nowhere near Fury or Usyk and doesn't have the tools physically or mentally to beat them.

Watched every round last night, I think they were very generous with the score card, especially howard foster 113 - 115.
AJ's whole approach was below average for him, In my opinion, Uysk stepped up to heavyweight purely because of the lack of real contenders.
alot of AJ's big shots hit the defensive block of Usyk both left and right hooks just bounced of the arms and gloves of Usyk.
other than landing a few jabs and a few big punches, he was totally out boxed.

As for AJ beating Klitschko, think he was about 41 when they fought and had AJ flapping after a 6th round knock down.
Naturally the better fighter won that bout.

Great Fight none the less.

I am not surprised to hear the result this morning, he wouldn't last 3 rounds with Fury.
(not that that is ever likely to happen now)

Well it looks like i am about to be proved wrong what i don't get is why fury needs this i still don't think AJ will be much of a threat.

BBC Sport -

Anthony Joshua has accepted WBC champion Tyson Fury's terms for an all-British heavyweight fight on 3 December and is "awaiting a response", his management company has said.

Joshua, 32, was sent an offer by Team Fury, suggesting a 60-40 purse split to the champion and a December fight date.

The fight was agreed on Friday but the announcement was delayed because of the death of the Queen last Thursday.

Initial terms have been agreed but Joshua is yet to sign a contract.

In a statement posted on Twitter and shared by Joshua, 258MGT said: "258 and Matchroom Boxing can confirm, on behalf of Anthony Joshua, that we accepted all terms presented to us by Fury's team for a fight."

Fury, 34, had said he was retiring after beating Dillian Whyte in April, and reiterated that claim last month, before challenging former world champion Joshua in a video posted on social media.

Joshua was beaten by Ukrainian Oleksandr Usyk in their rematch in Saudi Arabia last month, his third defeat in his past five bouts.

There is a rematch clause with a 50-50 split if Joshua beats Fury, but the venue for the December fight, should it go ahead, is yet to be confirmed.

Cardiff's Principality Stadium has been mooted, while Saudi Arabia or another country in the Middle East could also host it.

There are still hurdles to overcome before the fight is finalised, with both fighters signed to rival promoters and broadcasters, although two-time champion Joshua this week entered the WBC rankings in sixth position in another significant development.

A boxer must be ranked in the top 15 by all governing bodies to challenge for a world title.

Joshua must be after one more pay day, even a 60/40 split as reported would net him tens of millions. Fury will make light work of AJ of that there is no doubt.

Joshua must be after one more pay day,
I can understand AJ taking a big pay day but i still don't get why Fury called him out he certainly doesn't need the money and the fight will not be one that is remembered when people look back at his career in the future.

But i still don't get why Fury called him out he certainly doesn't need the money and i am sure he is confident he can beat him easily.
He certainly doesn't need the money neither of them do. But it's a different world than we live in, enough money is never enough, the Usyk fight for Fury would be peanuts compared to this, it will be the biggest British fight ever and both men will know how much money they will walk away with and that is the major factor in this fight.

Latest posts

Back