Any 530d or 535d owners? Thinking of buying.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottM

Landlord.
Reaction score
I'm leaning towards the 530d given that it comes in manual and it's a fair bit better in fuel economy etc, but I've not completely ruled out the 535d either.

Just looking for opinions, running costs etc.

Cheers :)

A friend at work had a 330D and absolutely loved it. He only got rid of it because he got a M5, but if it wasn't for the new car, said he would keep the 330D as it was great performance and handling wise, and also a lot more economical then the M5.

535D is gonna be more luxurious, and after all, isn't that what a beemer is about?

I say go 535i :tongue:

Megaross said:
535D is gonna be more luxurious, and after all, isn't that what a beemer is about?

I say go 535i :tongue:

The spec between the cars, as far as luxury goes, is exactly the same. The only real difference is the second turbo.

I know auto is seen as a luxury feature but I'm not one to enjoy the benefits of wafting around, I prefer the gears etc (petrolhead).

Is there an E60 535i? I can't find any info on them. I doubt I'd be able to swallow the tax costs lol.

Can you not get a semi? (ooo errr)
I was sceptical about auto being a petrolhead but semi auto is the dogs danglies. Auto mode for cruising, then when you want to give it some stick, you retain full control.

535i is about but it's not a common configuration, I know diseasal has come a long way but man, delicious petrol, mmm...

Megaross said:
Can you not get a semi? (ooo errr)
I was sceptical about auto being a petrolhead but semi auto is the dogs danglies. Auto mode for cruising, then when you want to give it some stick, you retain full control.

535i is about but it's not a common configuration, I know diseasal has come a long way but man, delicious petrol, mmm...

Na it's really not my thing. I've always preferred the simplicity of a manual. Also the semi-auto's aren't really that great till you get up to supercar standards. They don't do what you want when you want at these levels.

I actually couldn't find a single 535i, I wasn't sure if it was a US only car. Parkers doesn't even list it in their database.

id go for the 530d in manual mate you wont regret it. very nice cars and lovely to drive

danb said:
id go for the 530d in manual mate you wont regret it. very nice cars and lovely to drive

The hunt is definitely on :D

Trouble is I'm looking for a black 530d manual M Sport with full black interior (carbon or silver inserts), pro sat-nav pack with less than 80k for less than 12k.

I don't think I'm unreasonable with the money, but ticking all the other boxes is proving VERY difficult :D

It really depends, the VAG DSG box is the badgers nadgers.

Really well programmed and you don't feel the changes, granted a manual is nice for messing around heel toeing and rev matching, and pure simplicity.

Never driven a BMW though, let alone with their steptronic box.

ive driven a few bmw's and between a 61 plate 530d manual and e46 m3 auto the 530d was a mile a head in terms of comfort and nicer to drive. the auto change even using paddles was sloppy and took all the fun out of the car.

Front.JPG

Put down a deposit today :D

Back