Any Microbreweries tours in the Northamptonshire area ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this beer from Wychwood ,tried to clone it but not sucessful

Pumpy
caskclip_hobgoblin_bbny.gif

pumpy said:
Nic_P said:
P.S. The Wychwood brewery is off of Corn street 300metres 13 pubs :drunk: Bring a Des'

What 13 pubs in one street

Sounds like Bridge street in Northampton used to be .

Pumpy
Yep 13 in one street.
I like Bridge street, some good bars about.
Love the brewery m8 :thumb:

Nic_P said:
pumpy said:
[quote="Nic_P":1gukkgrj]
P.S. The Wychwood brewery is off of Corn street 300metres 13 pubs :drunk: Bring a Des'

What 13 pubs in one street

Sounds like Bridge street in Northampton used to be .

Pumpy
Yep 13 in one street.
I like Bridge street, some good bars about.
Love the brewery m8 :thumb:[/quote:1gukkgrj]

Cheers Nic see you soon for a beer

Pumpy

Hey Vossy ,

Before I leave for the UK, so it will be fermented when I return, I am going to mash a 'Standard American Lager' recipe from 'The Jamil Zainasheff' book 'Brewing Classic styles' ( I live with that book by my side )

I just fitting two new 'Mongolian Burners'( as pic ) to the brewery this morning .

Cant wait to go to the Wychwood Brewery .

I was hoping to see the Pilsner Urquell brewery in Prague ,but they dont do tours on the days I am there ,Damn,
At least shoud get to try a few litres of the Fresh 'Pilsner Urquell' while I am there , by the time it gets to Austrailia its a bit tired .

Pumpy :D

Mongolianburner.jpg

What are they rated at? I've seen similar 20 jet burners rated at 100,000 BTU/hr which seems a lot.

ano said:
What are they rated at? I've seen similar 20 jet burners rated at 100,000 BTU/hr which seems a lot.

Heat Capacity (Mj/Hr): 82

it cost me A$38, I think that was a good price

Will road test Sunday and let you know how it goes

sometimes its all about how good they simmer .

Pumpy :)

I was hoping to see the Pilsner Urquell brewery in Prague ,but they dont do tours on the days I am there ,Damn
You should drop em an e-mail and tell em where you're coming from to see their brewery, you never know you might be lucky :hmm:
PM me when you're in the U.K pumpy, might be able to arrange a meet up, if that suits :thumb:

Vossy1 said:
I was hoping to see the Pilsner Urquell brewery in Prague ,but they dont do tours on the days I am there ,Damn
You should drop em an e-mail and tell em where you're coming from to see their brewery, you never know you might be lucky :hmm:
PM me when you're in the U.K pumpy, might be able to arrange a meet up, if that suits :thumb:

Will send Prague an email Vossy.

I am only in the UK for a week Vossy and managed to escape from SWMBO for the Sunday for the Wychwood brewery tour I may be pushing my luck but will try.

I post a bit on Aussie Home brewers forum
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/index.php?

Pumpy :)

ano said:
Mongolian Burner About 78k BTUs per hour then. Nice :D

Ano ,
Mashed from 5pm to 10 pm last night last one before my trip to the UK using the Mongolian Burner it went well nice blue flame ,great Rolling boil little bit of yellow flame when simmering causing black carbon on bottom of the pot .
I was a bit worried that the neighbours may be bothered by the low roar of the burner but it reall was not that noisey .

I have 'No chilled' and stored in 'cubes' the 40 litres will have to pitch the yeast when I return.

See you guys soon at the Wychwood brewery Sunday 6th September 2009 if your coming :?

pumpy :)

Back