any one ever tried using SodaStream Cola Mixer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ukeden

Reaction score
hi all was in asda tonight and saw they had SodaStream Cola Mixer for a bargain price 0f £1.25 for 500ml bottle
any one ever tried to do a cola brew using one of these or no if it would work i bought 5 as i have a soda stream if i was to try could any one recommend how much i would add to a gallon any help appreciated thanks

The thought about adding one to a corney has crossed my mind when seeing them in argos on one of the multiple trips over xmas

ukeden, I got your PM but have never tried fermenting anything like this, so I tried a forum search but still didn't find much.

Take a look at this thread, towards the bottom of page 1.

Biggles used 4 litres of cola and boiled it to get rid of the fizz, so if you try 4 capfuls of SodaStream concentrate (or however much their instructions tell you to use to the litre), that would seem to be a starting point.

Read the ingredients list on the concentrate bottle, if it mentions preservatives like metabisulphite or sorbate you might still need to dilute your syrup and boil it.

thanks for the reply moley i read the thread u posted going to follow it but double it up using 8 liters of water 600g of sugar 2 tsp of glycerine 2 tsp of nutrient using 332 ml of syrup i didnt see any of the things u mentioned to look out for.going to keep some of the syrup back to add at a later stage i will take a sg and fg will try and get some pictures up if i can lend a decent camera

if I can borrow a decent camera ;)

Let us know how the brew goes though.

Latest posts

Back