Anyone have a Kegland Kegerator - question regarding keg sizes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChilledGecko

Zythophile, innit mate
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
big birthday coming up and permission has been granted for a Kegland Kegerator. clapa

The latest Series X boasts it can hold 4 kegs but looking at specification it looks like Kegland kegs are slightly thinner (and taller) than the 'standard' AEB type Corny kegs I have.

Does anyone have experience of fitting non Kegland kegs into the Kegland Kegerator?

Or will I need to purchase the Kegland kegs in order to get the best use out of the Kegerator.

ATB

Kevin

I’ve been digging around and pulling kegs around and my kegs are all 230mm wide x 560mm high and are marked Coca-Cola / Cornelius (not AEB as I thought).
So I assume they must be converted ex pin lock jobbies.

The ball lock kegs are reported to be 220mm wide x 629mm high.

However the Kegland kegs are 214mm x 629mm so a bit thinner again.

so I’m seriously bemused now. Quiet at the back…

If I can’t get any real world feedback I think I’ll just have to order a set of the Kegland kegs to ensure compatibility - sigh :laugh8:

Why do you need to fit 4 you could fill one and carb it, so you can always have one ready to go in the kegerator when one kicks
If I'm allowed to have a kegerator in the house the least I can do is devote one keg to sparkling wine, it's common courtesy :hat:
Plus I've been thinking of using one for sparking water (Kegland do a gizmo)
Leaves me with two, that must be a minimum a civilised man can get away with surely?

Hi I would be looking for a Kegerator that will take standard variable Cornies also the ones you say from kegland are smaller in diameter so they will hold less precious beer
Allegedly the Kegland kegs are still 19l. I assume there must be some magic going on with the rubber base / top to keep the volume the same?

You could build one with a used chest freezer and reinvest the savings into more cornies 😜

<shuffles feet and looks down> Ahem, I already have one of those in the shed. acheers.
This one will be in the house! So it must look acceptable (tick) it is down to me to fill it accordingly. i.e. fill it to the brim

I‘ve got the 3-tap. It‘s got 3x23cm diameter kegs in it at the minute and there’s only room for a few bottles, some harvested yeast and some hops for next weeks brew.
B4128E64-555E-43A6-85E5-3089DD2149DD.jpeg

I currently have 1x21cm Kegland keg. If it’s in the mix there’s enough room left over to get a mini keg in there too. If you had 4x21cm diameter kegs they‘d all fit in.

I should also add, it’s awesome. While I was taking the photo for this I poured these. Munich Helles on the right for the good lady and a Summer Breeze for me.
E1B78CA0-13CF-4056-9AF3-81F90FAE79CA.jpeg

Last edited:
I‘ve got the 3-tap. It‘s got 3x23cm diameter kegs in it at the minute and there’s only room for a few bottles, some harvested yeast and some hops for next weeks brew.

I currently have 1x21cm Kegland keg. If it’s in the mix there’s enough room left over to get a mini keg in there too. If you had 4x21cm diameter kegs they‘d all fit in.

I should also add, it’s awesome. While I was taking the photo for this I poured these. Munich Helles on the right for the good lady and a Summer Breeze for me.

Great stuff, thanks @Alastair70 solid user feedback, just what I needed!

I've ordered the Quad plus four Kegland kegs, looking forward to building and testing it :beer1:

Great stuff, thanks @Alastair70 solid user feedback, just what I needed!

I've ordered the Quad plus four Kegland kegs, looking forward to building and testing it :beer1:
Top job, you won’t regret it. Youl probably have to up your brew sch to keep the 4 taps running, and you'll find you need at least 1 more keg!!

Like Alistair I've got the three tap.
It works really well for me. 3 taps gives enough variety and the extra free space in the kegerator allows you to carb up and chill down your next keg ready for a quick changeover when needed.
In fact most of the time I just have two taps on the go and leave the third with the pipes cleaned and sanitised ready to switch to it when a new keg is connected up. This gives me time to then clean and prep the ‘used‘ tap/lines for the next time I use it.
3 taps are good for parties/occasions but if I had it on the go all the time it would be a while before a keg got emptied and I’d have to think about how to carb/chill down new kegs. I debated 4 tap but have never regretted only getting the 3.

You will of course need many,many more kegs!
The trick is to put big plastic numbers on the side of the keg. Then duplicate these numbers so that the wife doesn’t really know how many kegs are in existence!
That number 2 keg keeps on coming round again!

Latest posts

Back