Anyone know where I can get Norm's Gas Recharged.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris The Masher

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm just about to go all Pro and get myself a couple of Norm's Cornys ordered up with all the bells and whistles to go with them.

Norm kindly advised that I should research my local area to see if I can get the converted fire extinguishers he sells refilled before purchasing.

I'm sure this one has come up before, but any help would be appreciated as I do not want to end up with a cylinder and no way of refilling.

Thanks,

P.s. I live in the West London (Uxbridge area).

hardly anywhere re-fill them from what ive heard, do a search on google for co2 suppliers in your area, contact them and ask if they re-fill, they will probably only re-fill their own cylinders though. the company BOC supplies gas but i think they charge rent and you need to sign up to a monthly subscription( and i emailed them about a month ago and yet to hear back so don't give them any money!). also try at you local pub if they can rent you one. ive just filled my first 2 cornys last night so i was in the same boat looking as u looking for gas.

Chris,

I see you aren't too far away from Guildford (surrey). The Calor shop on the Slyfield industrial estate does the waist-tall CO2 cylinders for ~£20 (no rental).

Simon

Simon,

Thanks for your reply. Presumably you would have to put some sort of a deposit on the bottle, not that I mind though.

A bottle that size should last a long time.

I have already Googled them and will give them a call tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.

Chris.

Chris,

No. They ask you what you want it for and then you pay the £20 and it's yours. No deposit or rental. They do ask that you bring the cylinder back when you need a refill (is just a straight swap).

I was down there a few weeks back. They were very helpful.

Simon

Latest posts

Back