Anyone tried the Crossmyloof AG kits?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you mean the Stoutly Mild then yes, it’s a nice take on the style, the Roasted Barley does come through giving it a somewhat stout like flavour and overall it is very pleasant.
Can second this, brewed it as my first full size all grain batch and it’s great already after just over a week in the bottle

I brewed my tropical England on Sunday, it was my first brew that hit all the green numbers on my Brewfather sheet and was very pleased this happened.
OG was 1.064 and is currently 1.013. It’s gone off like a rocket!
I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I’ve got a 100g Harlequin dry hop planned for day 5 (Friday) but might bring it forward a day so it’s still got a little life in it before it levels out.

I hit about the same numbers as you with mine, I got the 19L batch size and ended up added some water to up it to 20/21L to bring the OG down a bit as I'm not a fan of too strong ale (I know, heresy!) It has been fermenting extremely merrily with great vigour.

I'm a week and a bit into it (brewed Sun 13th) and it's calmed down now. I've stuck to the recipe otherwise, if I like it like this I'll be adding the extra dry hop.

I've brewed a few of their kits and all have exceeded the predicted numbers. I'll generally go for the 19L kits now but brew to 21L. Comes out pretty close to the numbers they predict on the site, and gives me a full corny after trub losses etc. Been using them for a while now and customer service has always been first rate.

Latest posts

Back